Stock For A Shortass

Mr Rankin

Adamant A1 07 short. im currently riding the long but im 6ft 4. lovely bike for both street and natty, and when you get board can pretend to be tunni :P HAHAHA.

But sounds like the geo would be spont on for your first stock...

Wheelbase: Short 1070mm

Chainstay Length: 375mm

BB Rise: Short 15mm

Head Angle: 72 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: Short 665mm (26.25")

yea was just lookiing at that, it does look tempting......... im being slightly seduced by an onza woodstock with lighter parts as the frame weighs nothing and aint too long. Do you know the geo of one of these?

me woodstock was nice tom....REALLY light frame...i still have it...if you want to pick it up..but.

it has big crack in the downtube (near the headtube..).

only lasted ~9 months but i really liked it while it did...was damn short compared to what i have now but i really like the BT now :D

to be honest it was bloody similar to my giant except slightly longer and lower (and waaaay lighter)...which made it ride much nicer..still have the giant though...tank bike!

i agree with scott- look through the entire koxx range and you will find something to suit you! classic comment...love it (Y)(Y)(Y)

adam

edit: was just thinking..my woodstock was quite like butch's new planet-x. maybe blag a go on that sometime?

edit edit: duh! get a monty you fool...

Edited by ad101

cheers ad was gouing to ask your opinion as you are the man in the know!

only thing withthe woodstock is that its not got much standover height and i may find that hindering my progress etc

koxx ............ i would be thinking XTP short or karbon for example

I still like the look of a 1075 Zhi, would be long but not too long i think...

woodstock or echo?????? i dont know, i want to get something in about a month when i get my payrise ;)

how long is the woodstock do you know?

231 Ti...... wortha thought maybe

Edited by Mr Rankin

I think a caisso would suit you tom, your about the same size.

But i think a high bb bike(e.g,k-sas) would help you make the change from 20" easier, it did with me, as its a lot more backwheel friendly

(Y)

yes good on the back wheel but tap like a shopping trolley and having a minimal rise bb ie +10mm or +20 doesnt really make much difference to backwheel control or sidehopping, it's perfect! Tom i do believe there may be a short version of the limey avaliable soon so might be worth giving onza/supercycles a call? -Hugh

i am going try and leave the hoppy technique behind for a while and go with a rolling approach, maybe trying to model my riding on Marc Caisso or someone like that.

Noooooo Tom! your style is f**king immense!!! hahaha im not that much larger than you and my echo control long was wayyyyy too long for me, ever thought about 24"?

Caisso has run through my head many times seeing as he is the same height as me and he designed it specifically for him but have never ridden one...

will pass on the T-raptor

so to let you know my thoughts.....

Zhi

Monty 231 Ti

Caisso

im going to go with one of these i think just need to make sure i choose the right one depending on price and ride

Do koxx or trialsman still sell the Caisso replica??

Cheers

Tom

Caisso has run through my head many times seeing as he is the same height as me and he designed it specifically for him but have never ridden one...

will pass on the T-raptor

so to let you know my thoughts.....

Zhi

Monty 231 Ti

Caisso

im going to go with one of these i think just need to make sure i choose the right one depending on price and ride

Do koxx or trialsman still sell the Caisso replica??

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom, yes I can still get the caisso,

Ben.

Hi Tom, yes I can still get the caisso,

Ben.

oh kool that is definatley something i am thinking about...

is it possible to buy it as a whole bike?? as this is my first stock i have no parts to swap onto a frame?

Could you pm me a price or a link to a site with info thanks

Tom

QUOTE(hugh_b @ Jul 30 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes good on the back wheel but tap like a shopping trolley and having a minimal rise bb ie +10mm or +20 doesnt really make much difference to backwheel control or sidehopping, it's perfect! Tom i do believe there may be a short version of the limey avaliable soon so might be worth giving onza/supercycles a call? -Hugh

Ill tell vince,cesar and the cousts that then hugh :P

Something short (Y):P as everyone else is saying. depends what you like and what sort of "style" you ride, if you want a PURE street steed or a PURE natural steed, your looking at totally different bikes, i find the bike i ride a good combination of the 2 a Koxx Caisso 1065, long back end at 390mm and 70.5 head angle. but thats my personal choice.

Really gone off long bikes, other bikes iv had a go on that feel nice are Porters old "Short" Echo control i think it was and a Yaabaa Bow, even though the Bow was 1075 ish wheelbase with the +30 b/b it made it feel and ride quite short.

Ask Sutty22 on here about switching from a long to a short bike, i think hes having loads of fun on a Caisso that i sold him, good compromise of street flickability and natural control.

be carful with b/b rise, anything above 35/40 makes you feel like your on a spaceship, unless you compensate with plenty of stem stackers under the stem.

Wayne.

Options:

Echo control short (and the option of 116 back end too) no gears/hangers to break (Y)

Koxx Caisso

Kot MS2 short? that looks nice, rear disc too.

Adamant A1 short (116 back end)