Stock For A Shortass

Mr Rankin

For those who dont know me, im 5,5" and about 9 and a half stone. It probably sounds stupid but am thinking of switching to a stock for a while to see if i could cope and for a fresh challenge.

i liturally dont have a clue what sort to go for......... i wont be going big on it or anything so was thinking something flickable but as light as possible.

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated guys....

cheers

Tom

yea thats not a bad shout AlexT, my mate Nick has been riding a control for ages and he is the don on it too.

i take it they are rather light then?

i was thinking about 1065 wheelbase or something?????

ashton????

DONT DO IT TOM!!!

Im not oging to give you advise because you shouldnt change.end of!

but if you wanted a k-sas............................:)

Scott

blimey calm it mr wilson lol

its just im getting a little fed up with the same old moves on the same old rding spots you know, i reckon getting a stock will take my level back about 2 years but thats the idea.

and no i dont want a k-sas they are for gays and people who second name begins with W and ends in ILSON!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about weight, as heavy bike's can still ride light with the correct geometry.

Imagine john shrewsbury stepping off his (heavy) leeson and onto a (light) koxx vinco, I'd imagine that despite the weight of the leeson he could probobly throw it around much easier, of course part of it is because that's what he's used to, but you'll get used to whatever bike you get too...

Im not realy a stock man but have you considered an older pure?? I know mine is light for sure, and the geometry seems to be prettygood too.....

i completely understand Tom, i know i'm a fair bit taller than you but i didnt regret it one bit. I'm not sure how long a bike you would feel comfy on to be honest, your welcome to meet up for a ride and take my limey 2 for a spin and see what you think. The techniques used are alot different and it's more of a "rolling" style with less hoppyness if that makes sens lol. PS: i have a brand new Coust mk2 frame sitting here, bit shorter than the limey 2 and i want bugger all £££ for it. cheers-Hugh

i have been on a monty mod for 6 years! i am well suited to it but am getting excited about a change of style and bike. dont like BT ravens really, just dont appeal

thank you everybody for your suggestions keep them coming

Tom, do you want a 26" that you can ride basically the same as your 20", hoppy n techy

Or do you want a 26" that you have to change your style for, ride it "proper" 26" style?

Just go through the entire koxx range, bound to find something you like!

Edited by Scotty Evil1

Sounds like you're after getting away from the mod style for a bit, so I'd say stay away from anything too long, high and pogo-stick like. If I was you I'd be looking around for things like the 07 short pitbull, short pure, Base TA26, and other things like that. Sort of 1040-1070 length (depending on head angle more than cockpit length) and a nice low BB, +20 or under really.

Although I could be completely wrong, and you could want a pogo beast, just up to you really, but sounds like you want a change of direction.

Hey ive just recently purchased a proper stock frame and i got this.

I my self am 5ft 7" and 9 n half stone and i have progressed well with that frame loads i.e higher back wheels, gapping further and getting good control.

Andrew

hhhhmmmmmmmm, pogo stick?lol

i am going try and leave the hoppy technique behind for a while and go with a rolling approach, maybe trying to model my riding on Marc Caisso or someone like that.

Echo seems like its getting a lot of love and support, i really want twin disc on my stock its not essential but preffered...... dunno am undecided.

looking to get one in a month or so, have some time to try out other peoples bikes etc

is 1075 a long wheelbase??? might be alittle too long for me i think? not sure, should probably stay under 1070...

onza woodstock? seems pretty much ideal geo for what you're after and i happen to have one in pretty much brand new condition ?! lol

mmmmm, i like those how much???