Computer Sound Problem

Wrayvon

Right, when listening to music, from the internet or media player, every so often it slows down momentarily, almost as though my computer can't cope. But even when i'm not doing anything else it still does it. So its definitely not that. I have tried reinstalling the drivers but hasnt helped.

And ideas guys?

Cheers in advance

Wray

That's kind of weird.

I'm no computer expert but maybe it could be related to the main hardware system? As in the processor and all that.

If your computer is aged slightly, maybe needs some components replaced?

What driver do you use for your sound output thingy? Maybe get a new one of those? I have one on disc i could put on my laptop and send you...

Well it only started yesterday, so i'm thinking something i installed yesterday has triggered it. 'Cos i got wireless N adapter yesterday and a usb hub pci card so my guess is its one of them!

I use a Realtek one, its on board sound so i jsut installed the driver that came with it.

(very)Brief spec is:

Pentium 4 3ghz

1.5gig off ram

dont see how it could be anything to do with the usb card and wireless adapter as they have nothing to do with the sound system....

could be to do with them using a lot of memory or something?

eg. even if your not doing anything and sound is being outputted there could be programs running in the background

i think