Any Tips On Backwheeling Things At All

stuie

Start about... 2 bike lengths away, wrong foot forward.

Put in a little kick to get you rolling at around fast walking pace.

About 1/2 a bike length before, bring the pedal round so youre pushing with your strong foot, and lift up the front wheel

As this is happening, pick up the back wheel with your feet, and bring your knees up to your chest (or as high as you can get them)

Stick your arse over the back wheel, and push the back wheel down onto the object with your legs, keeping your arms straight

Keep it on the back wheel, or drop the front, depending on what you wish to do.

Ride away.

Start about... 2 bike lengths away, wrong foot forward.

Put in a little kick to get you rolling at around fast walking pace.

About 1/2 a bike length before, bring the pedal round so youre pushing with your strong foot, and lift up the front wheel

As this is happening, pick up the back wheel with your feet, and bring your knees up to your chest (or as high as you can get them)

Stick your arse over the back wheel, and push the back wheel down onto the object with your legs, keeping your arms straight

Keep it on the back wheel, or drop the front, depending on what you wish to do.

Ride away.

f**king good post man, have you been riding long? Haven't seen you around..

cheers for that

i will try it as soon as my new bike is built...

been askin mates that i ride with but they all say different things so the more input the better

thank you

I've been riding about a week, I can backwheel 85" and tap 114" I can also gap 14ft static and sidehop 172"

I suck :(

My biggest drop is 6"

thats riding 1 week.

are you sure???

cheers for that

i will try it as soon as my new bike is built...

been askin mates that i ride with but they all say different things so the more input the better

thank you

thats riding 1 week.

are you sure???

He bought a Trials-Forum tape measure they're 1/2 inches out I think.

can't add much to the really good post above except to say that you probably want to take off a little bit later than you think and that it's really your body doing the work in terms of getting height - the pedal kick just moves you forwards.

here are my tips ,

1.go at the thing your backwheeling like you mean it,otherewise you have no chance of doing in.

2.make sure that your back brake holds well so that it doesnt slip if you land the back tire on the edge.

3.start of small and work up ,but no lower than 20".

good luck mate,steve

Hey dude, I learned backwheel's watching Martyn Ashton on Tricks and Stunts. Slow motion for the win!! I roll into the move with my good foot down. I also roll in surprisingly slowly, allowing more power to come from the cranks when you go for the move. One thing to remember is that it's quite an explosive move. When I get to the right distance from the wall (closer than you think as has been mentioned but just work on it) I start pedalling, raising the front wheel quite steeply. As the crank comes round to having my good foot forward I put in the final kick of the cranks which is where most of the power comes from. That final kick is literally in the final 1/8th of a crank turn and is quite important in my eyes). At the same time you need to be exploding upwards pulling the bike with you with both your arms and legs. Once the bike's (hopefully) off the ground you want to bethrowing the bike out in front of you and aiming the back tyre at the edge of the wall. From there it's just a case of shifting your weight a little forwards to get the front wheel down if the momentum isn't sufficient and smiling!!

Dave

Thing is everyone thinks backwheeling is all about your back wheel... in my experince is like 60% about the front wheel!!!! i dont really pedal much or come in with any speed... but make sure my front wheel almost... or actually does hit the wall on the way up... if it hits the wall its called a tap... but dont try to do them, when you do bigger stuff it will just come naturally! use half a pedal to try and hit your front wheel on the wall

Then chuck you arms forwards your ass out and tuck like a bitch!!! whenever i watch vids of myself it always looks easy when i make it! so sometimes it helps to try a lil less and let it come naturally!!!

these have all been really helpful. im finding back wheeling a really big pain in the bum to be honest with you all.

its just watching people do it and you think yea i want to do that then you try and u think "how on earth did he do that"

cheers once again guy's