Shoes.

Phreemann

Saw an advert for a shoe at the top of the page, and thought I'd ask. What sort of shoes are favoured by trials riders? I ride street and dirt normally and wear Vans Hi-Tops because of the ankle support and protection, and their grippy waffle pattern soles. I guess trials riders are after pretty much the same attributes, but don't most trials riders use cage pedals rather than pedals with pins? How does that affect shoe choice?

What are people wearing? (On their feet, obviously, this isn't a dirty phone call after all.)

Unless its sandals. Stay clear of the sandals unless you want to walk home with only 3 toes on one foot!

:lol:

Ash~ :shifty:

:lol: Wellies and stillettos are out as well. Unless... Well, unless you want to a) look very stupid and b ) get very injured.

Although I seem to remember an article in MBUK a while back about a pro rider doing a competition in a pair of wellies.

Edited by Phreemann

I use the oldest pair of trainers I have, so that the soles are thinnest and I can feel the pedals with my feet nicely. Don't fancy shelling out for special 'trials shoes' when I can just use stuff I already have!

By the way, I think there are other topics about this, might be best just to use the search function in future...

Oh, and lots of trials riders use platform/pin pedals, not just cage ones. Just another personal preference thing.

Edited by Tommy d

i have tried the trial's shoe's and worn my normal shoe's while riding and to be honest, the tria'ls shoe's got trashed quite quickly compaired to my normal skate shoe's.

so at the end of the day, if u want to spend extra cash on shoes it's you're choice but i would just stick to the skate shoe's

just like most people have said.......it's ur choice.

stuart

Although I seem to remember an article in MBUK a while back about a pro rider doing a competition in a pair of wellies.

Think that was Kris Leeson. I've done it myself when it's been snowy and you'd be surprised how grippy they are... don't get much feel through them though.

I usually ride in normal skate shoes (DVS's at the mo) but do have Ribo's for competing in. When doing comps I like knowing that it doesn't matter if I stick my foot in a 2 foot deep bog whereas if I was in skate shoes I'd be really annoyed! Used to use Monty pixie boots too and although they lasted much better than the Ribo's they were a little... bright shall we say?!

• 6 months later...