what Is The Best Tyre To Have On Back For Stock?

mandry1991

i wont to no which tyre is better befor i get it and i ride street here are the links.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=275

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=632

dont no which one and want to no which ones will be great for street can you lot help me.

need to no by monday because i am getting them monday.

cheers

jamie

Well the first major difference there is the compound. The first is Super Tacky and the second is Max Pro, a hard compound. What do you want from the tyre? If you use it for clinging onto obstacles, then a tacky compound will help. If not then a harder compound would be better as it will last longer. Also the softer the compound the heavier.

If your a basher try-all tyres are rubbish, they pinch flat so easy, i have the minion dual ply slow reezay, and its fairly good but the side walls are wearing through, ive only had it a couple of weeks. Im getting a scwalble big betty in the next couple of days, only single ply and a harder compound, much lighter too!

harry!

Well the first major difference there is the compound. The first is Super Tacky and the second is Max Pro, a hard compound. What do you want from the tyre? If you use it for clinging onto obstacles, then a tacky compound will help. If not then a harder compound would be better as it will last longer. Also the softer the compound the heavier.

i ride street only dont really now because i have not change my tyre since i got the bike

The Hi Roller is really good, i cant complain.

Its has good wear rate and really grippy only had a few pinches but that because im using a innertube thats suppose to be for up to a 1.7 tyre lol

And as its 2.35 it cant really be helped

Vee

I run a UST (Tubeless) Super Tacky 2.5 High Roller. And yes, i do run Tubeless on my trials bike. The tyre takes on it's own form (rather than being pushed out by a tube) making it alot more "Plyable" and grippy.

Being Ust the tyre has a steel bead and a Three ply Sidewall, making pinch flats really hard.

Dual Compound makes the sides softer than the middle, but thats £5 more !

Jarrod

I run a UST (Tubeless) Super Tacky 2.5 High Roller. And yes, i do run Tubeless on my trials bike. The tyre takes on it's own form (rather than being pushed out by a tube) making it alot more "Plyable" and grippy.

Being Ust the tyre has a steel bead and a Three ply Sidewall, making pinch flats really hard.

Jarrod

Surely the pressure would escape through the spoke holes or am i missing something ?

Adam

Jarrod

Pinch flats are impossible on tubeless, thats one of the main advantages as theres no tube to pinch

Id go for the maxxis minion or highroller as the tryall is too soft to last on street. go for the maxxis in standard compound

Pinch flats are impossible on tubeless, thats one of the main advantages as theres no tube to pinch

I said this becouse not everyone runs tubeless, As i hope your aware you don't need to run tubeless to use a tubeless tyre ? But becouse a Tubeless tyre had thicker sidewalls it is less prone to getting pinch flats when run with a tube (Y)

Jarrod

I said this becouse not everyone runs tubeless, As i hope your aware you don't need to run tubeless to use a tubeless tyre ? But becouse a Tubeless tyre had thicker sidewalls it is less prone to getting pinch flats when run with a tube (Y)

Jarrod

thinking of getting Maxxis Minion 60a MP is that ok for street and still grip.

If your a basher try-all tyres are rubbish, they pinch flat so easy, i have the minion dual ply slow reezay, and its fairly good but the side walls are wearing through, ive only had it a couple of weeks. Im getting a scwalble big betty in the next couple of days, only single ply and a harder compound, much lighter too!

harry!

What? They are one of the thickest tyres out. You must either be really harsh, have a shit tube or run your tyres very low.

The Minion tyres are very good, as are the high rollers. But then again the try all tyres are good, but do cost more.

Minion would be the best bet pal (Y)

EDIT: Not trying to sound like a dick.

Edited by max-t