Ftw Trials Frame

Tim/Trialsin USA

2.22kg is mint for a bike that looks like a tank.

Hearing aid brown (N) doesn't really do the bike any justice. I know it's only aesthetics but you can't deny it makes a slight difference when you look at it. Raw alu.....?

That photo is of my personal bike. we can do any color.. including naked raw aluminum.

I can not and have no interest in producing everyones bike. just some.

Your 50 is a 'beast'?

Hahaha :lol:

Anyway,

As for the explanation to whole anti-flex idea, I see where your coming from but what about the idea of monty's shock absorbing frame? Would a super stiff frame, instead of flexing a little from a big drop it would just snap? Or I'm guessing using a simile such as an elastic band (where the elastic band represents aluminium) the more rubber you put into the band the hard it is for it to stretch and less likely muscle energy is lossed when riding, snapping is out of the question unless you can flex the rubber band (aluminium) past its elastic limit.

• 1 month later...

i think scopse he is pointing out that monty have already done this, as Ot Pi is Monty (Y):) i think. i could be wrong.

but thats probably why all 20" riders on montys are so smooth and bloody springy.

il have to try the whole springy thing, maybe stick a 400lb over 3.5 rate spring up my arse and see (Y):):lol:

The frame has been designed quite well as it very well seems some 10-18 year old kid questioning someones uni degree and what have you is not going to tickle this guys "genius" idea. hes thought it out before he has produced. a problem that lies in the trials market, a product thrown on the market with no R&D or actual "proof" testing is what you should be questioning?

Wayne.

PS dont ask me which product to give an example of, as iv not got one at the mo :P

im prettey sure that a stiff frame is going to last longer than a flexy frame, this is because:

a strained material is going to fatigue. for strain to happen, the material must move/flex.

so if the frame doesn't flex, then it's going to endure less strain.

correct me if im wrong lads!

The frame has been designed quite well as it very well seems some 10-18 year old kid questioning someones uni degree and what have you is not going to tickle this guys "genius" idea. hes thought it out before he has produced. a problem that lies in the trials market, a product thrown on the market with no R&D or actual "proof" testing is what you should be questioning?

Wayne.

Sorry! I wasn't questioning his Uni degree or his intelligence. I was merely interested in his design an asked a few questions to why stiff frames are so much better, no harm in wanting to know abit about the physics behind it is there?

Edited by Scopse

Q1 Does frank have any riders on-board (other than test pilots/trialsters) to help promote this frame? Q2 Is such a stiff alu frame more prone to snap through riding stress & fatigue? Q3 Has frank managed to strike a deal with a uk distributor/bike retailer to bring a few frames over (ie; Tartybikes)?

Q1 Does frank have any riders on-board (other than test pilots/trialsters) to help promote this frame? Q2 Is such a stiff alu frame more prone to snap through riding stress & fatigue? Q3 Has frank managed to strike a deal with a uk distributor/bike retailer to bring a few frames over (ie; Tartybikes)?

All of the above has been considered. As soon as the frames are truly commercially available I will post details on price.

Fred.

i've tried to answer this already! have a look up a few posts!

Q1. There are a couple people who have extensively tested protos, and pre production samples. If you are asking about a TEAM, no the run is going to be way too small to afford that.

Q2. Accelerated fatigue/stress is a result of what kind of aluminum, not how stiff.

Q3. I think my may be hearing more about this from Fred in not too long.

....a couple more pics just to keep you drooling:

post-8208-1193927289_thumb.jpg

post-8208-1193927302_thumb.jpg

post-8208-1193927310_thumb.jpg

:D i really like that frame ........ how much will it be???

As NSE are distributing I know the details.

The frame will be called the VIRIS W-T-F

Final colour, Raspberry red

Only 25 in total will be made, each one by Frank in person entirely in the USA.

Price, (remember this is a limited edition hand made item), £495.

The frames are available on a pre order basis. PM me if you want more details.

Ben.