Have Plazmatic Pads Lost Their Touch?

maxwellduryea

Hi there,

I have been a sole believer in the Plazmatic CRM pads for over two years. They have worked great, always gripped, and had a long wear life. I am in need of some new pads, and trying to find out what people in the UK use. Im currently in New Mexico (Not Mexico as in Mexico City) and ride a bit. The PLazmatic pads have always been good here for super dry conditions, but im moving to study at Uni Swansea in five days. Im putting in an order with tartybikes and need some advice for a good pad that will work for all conditions i may encounter.

Regards,

Maxwell

The Plazmatic compound has been changed, it isnt the same as it used to be, and i dont think they are as good now.

Are you actually sure about that or is it just an opinion?

I'd imagine people moaning about plazzies going downhill have actually bought or the retailer mistakenly solf a pair of plazmatic PMG pads not the CRM's. The PMG's are new pads from plazmatic that have been designed for a harsher grind (presumably in an effort to improve wet weather performance), the PMG's have also accidentally been roduced in the same yellow colour as crm's and are completely indistinguishable from the crm's. In future the PMG pads will be blue.

Edited by Krisboats

The PMG pads have never been sold in the UK though.

And you can tell the difference between them and CRMs quite easily :)

I have a pair on the side here. I didn't realise they were different pads till i compared them to the other 6 or so sets of plazzies i've got.

plazpmg.jpg

Plazmatic PMG pads

Two years of development have delivered great stuff! Specially formulated for those of you that run a hard grind. Harder duromoter. Currently in "CRM yellow", in the future to be blue (same compound, just factory goofed and put yellow dye in when it should have been blue!).

And...

tplazcrm.jpg

Plazmatic CRM pads

No doubt this pad has captured the podium for pads run without tar and grinding. YEARS of national and international wins have without dispute put these pads at number one in after market upgrades for your Maguras. Top secret compound is very soft..... yet out lasts the competition.

The difference isn't that obvious, especially if someone isn't used to how plazzies feel. I got mine from someone on msn, they were okay pads... but needed a heavier grind.. like i would for koxx browns.

Even though there are ridiculously expensive, my vote will always be Coustsinks. I tried everything on my bike; Koxx browns, Koxx reds, Some half warm CRM's, new and old Viz! orange pads, and then i tried Coustsinks. No problems with these, they never slip, work amazingly in the rain, even on a really light grind, have the same wear life as koxx browns. Bite and hold like a dog with rabies, there really are amazing.

The Plazmatic compound has been changed, it isnt the same as it used to be, and i dont think they are as good now.

The new echo ones are supposed to be mint. But Koxx blues and browns work excellent in both wet and dry.

If you dont fancy them id reccomend some from the heatsink range. www.heatsinkbikes.com

Uh, no. The CRM pads have always been the same compound.

Uh, no. The CRM pads have always been the same compound.

It was an opinion you ass. I must have ended up with some of the PMG things :S they definately werent as soft as the other plazmatics and they were better in the wet. I f**king hate Americans to be honest, most of you are complete wankers.

Edited by max-t

It was an opinion you ass. I must have ended up with some of the PMG things :S they definately werent as soft as the other plazmatics and they were better in the wet. I f**king hate Americans to be honest, most of you are complete wankers.

Ha ha, irony at its best. :rolleyes:

You state a well loved products been changed, slate it, then the manufacturer comes on and politely says its not been changed. YOU then throw in an insult and say americans are wankers. Nice going man, you look well cool now :unsure:

if your talking about the plazzies you got off me then their not PMG's..

mine worked mint on a light grind but the slightest bit of water made them shit. :(

maybe its just because rims are getting harder to keep grinds longer, because koxx rims are slightly softer and seem to be able to give a better brake.

Make sense? :S

If he actually said it without seeming such a dick and being so cocky then i would not have lashed out on him. He seems like he thinks he knows it all.

He could of just said something along the lines of 'im pretty sure the pads have always been the same compound' rarther than what he said, then i would have been fine.

Edited by max-t

If he actually said it without seeming such a dick and being so cocky then i would not have lashed out on him. He seems like he thinks he knows it all.

He could of just said something along the lines of 'im pretty sure the pads have always been the same compound' rarther than what he said, then i would have been fine.

i agree, he did seem to say it kinda patronising..

Edited by willy wonka