Help!

kona1991

I had this problem with my freewheel.

The tool for removing them is simply useless!

The only way we have found to remove them is to weld a length of steel to the freewheel pop it in a vice and keep turning untill it comes off!

(a mallet/hammer can be used)

They are absolute nightmares to get off!

Enjoy

Sam

p.s hope ive helped

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....p;#entry1318463

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....p;#entry1319323

19" tyres are hard to get off. I personally use alot of flat headed screwdrivers, like 4 of them. Once you get about 4-5 inches over the rim, i get a plasic tyre lever in and drag it with a lot of force. It's easier to drag towards you than away. It does help to get 2 people doing it.

As for the freewheel, you need a freewheel tool, and you need to bolt that down onto the freewheel, this stops it slipping it off. Then you need to put the crank in a vice to hold it still. The get a long spanner and put that on the tool and give it hell.

If the freehweel is on your back wheel, you can probably get away with just holding the wheel.

If you still can't get it off like that, you can always get a scafolding pole and extend the length of you spanner. Or, hit the spanner with a mallet.

(Y)

19" tyres are hard to get off. I personally use alot of flat headed screwdrivers, like 4 of them. Once you get about 4-5 inches over the rim, i get a plasic tyre lever in and drag it with a lot of force. It's easier to drag towards you than away. It does help to get 2 people doing it.

As for the freewheel, you need a freewheel tool, and you need to bolt that down onto the freewheel, this stops it slipping it off. Then you need to put the crank in a vice to hold it still. The get a long spanner and put that on the tool and give it hell.

If the freehweel is on your back wheel, you can probably get away with just holding the wheel.

If you still can't get it off like that, you can always get a scafolding pole and extend the length of you spanner. Or, hit the spanner with a mallet.

(Y)

Exactly what he said, you will learn how to take your tyre off sound soon. lol.