Echo Brake. Do I Dare Ask?!

eskimo

Alright everybody :mellow:

Sooo, the Echo brakes, anybody else purchased and used them since the last 'state of affairs'?

I was reading they like to leak but Deng sorted it out apparently. Also has anyone come across any more problems?

After buying a Freehub and that dieing rather quickly i always wonder what goes on with the Deng stuff. I read many reviews on the products but it seems to be man's lack of maintaince for the problems occuring as some people don't get any problems. But in my case it's just bad luck.

I've had two so far. The first one I had leaked out the driveside cylinder...only lasted about an hour before it was competely dead...So, I went and bought another one :P And I've got the gold adamant lever on this one. Works great, good modulation and great lock up power. I'm running a smooth rim with some tar, and the stock echo pads. Works great. If you get one, get a lever that isn't one of the echo levers, because the echo levers are kind of sharp on the end, it used to bother me a lot...but the adamant ones are great...nice smooth end to them. One thing that I hate about it is that the little pin that holds the lever to the cylinder thing likes to come loose and almost fall out...I can't seem to find anything that will hold it in place either. I'll try super glue next time :D

Overall 4.5/5.

Bought an echo brake not that impresed really, because every time i ride the tpa comes loose, and on the outerside where the tpa is, there has been metal is sheering off by the ribbed rod that pushes the piston in on the lever, I dont know what to do. Also it leeks ever so slightly, I think it was a waste of money, but the engineering that has gone into the brake is very impressive cylinders are nicely made and you get more clearance for your cranks, and looks very nice, but for me it hasnt functioned properly.

Here is a picture where you can see it wearing away the metal.

You can kind of see that where the little ribbed thing has twisted so it slowly wears away the metal of the lever.

Has anybody else had this problem and is there a way to fix it, also does QUACKERS have a reciept for this wherever he bought it, I would like to do something about this stupid brake.

Edited by speedyjustice

Put a little thread lock on the threads. Should stop it coming loose

Naa , theres a little bolt which is ment to come with the brake which you screw into the lever and it locks the pin in place!

If you dont get one there is a bolt which is screwed in next to it which basically does nothing... so take that one out and use it to lock the pin (Y) sorted.

Bought an echo brake not that impresed really, because every time i ride the tpa comes loose, and on the outerside where the tpa is, there has been metal is sheering off by the ribbed rod that pushes the piston in on the lever, I dont know what to do. Also it leeks ever so slightly, I think it was a waste of money, but the engineering that has gone into the brake is very impressive cylinders are nicely made and you get more clearance for your cranks, and looks very nice, but for me it hasnt functioned properly.

Here is a picture where you can see it wearing away the metal.

You can kind of see that where the little ribbed thing has twisted so it slowly wears away the metal of the lever.

Mine's done EXACTLY that.

Annoying as fook!

Tried contacting Selectbikes about it (email and phone) and got no answer both times.

Edited by Dan6061

Magura not good enough for people? Echo brake not worth the money. big (N)

Maguras are good, echos are better, or for those of us with money to waste, imo :P.

Unless you have used one I find your comment invalid really. Many people complain about them but mine really is perfect.

Edited by Team War Rider