Whats Brake You Running

kyle-livesey

What brakes are you running.

I actually have two

Front. BB7, XT lever Shimano cables on Zoo forks. ( The one pads has a hole in it whoops)

Back. Magura 04 lever, Shimano hosing, 4 bolts mounts, plazmatic pads and a light grind on Zoo Pitbull 07. ( Don't think you will ever get a better back brake than this. )

I think these are the two best brakes, set up wise at the moment.

Whats yours .

2004 mag on the front with koxx browns and water bleed. 2005 mag with koxx yellows and water bleed on the back, harsh grind on both rims, both front and back brakes are verryy good. TPA wheels are very annoying and ive got through 3 in the last couple of months. 74 kings one is on its way though.

Chris Elson

on the rear i have a clever/bodged vee conversion from the 25" magura mounts on the old monty 231 x-hydra, i run an XTR vee brake with a 2007 XTR vee lever and pimpin' a-bike linear illegal cable in white/kevlar. i use plaz crvs on a pretty dead grind and they bite and hold perfectly every time :)

on the front i have the same lever and cable setup but a BB7 185mm (well, im supposed to but ukbikestore.com are shite) i used to run a front xtr vee too but im in the process of getting my disc at the moment :S

Front: Avid bb7 185, XTR cable, Avid SD7 Lever - works the nuts and im scared to pull it lol.

Rear: Hs33 with Rb lever blade, MY Koxx Browns :)- Splendid.

front: Hope mini 180mm

rear: Magura HS-33 '04, coustsink pads, on a light grind, dont think you'll get a better set-up than this to be fair ;)

I use a sd7 lever with sd7 arms on the back, I'm also using plazmatic CRV pads

thats on a medium sharp grind.

On the front I'm using the same lever/arms but with rock pad greens in the cnc backings

Both of my brakes are immense, won't slip however hard I try

I have a magy 05 on the rear with one plaz pad and one black magy pad it is ok but it slips quite a lot when it wants to, but soon to be a hope mono trial 07 disc brake, and on the front i have a hope mono trial disc brake (the older one im not sure what yr).