Mac Problems

Spikenipple

No idea but system pref?

I installed Leopard yesterday and its fine :S

I heard most people hate having the transparent menu bar so it could be a good thing... Tis rather kool though ^_^

Urban Mammoth, the toolbar isnt completely transparent. It's just a little bit.

ok, just have a look at these

picture1ws3.png

crazy gap girls

desktop_gallery01_20071016.jpg

one from apple website

07leopardscreen.jpg

another screenshot from google

post-2060-1194164187.png

mine

mine has no transparency!!

why??

and also, in mail how do i get my hotmail to come in?? i had http mail account set up in mail in tiger but now its gone.

hmmm

Edited by Urban mammoth

how do i get my toolbar transparent!? i have just installed leopard but it still hasnt gone transparent yet :huh:

help

Leopard does a system analysis when you install it - if you have an older mac it turns off some of the special effects. How old is your PC? If it's as old as mine (Powerbook) then it won't be transparent ( :( ) although the word on the street is that it's a bug and it might get fixed in 10.5.1.

EDIT: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306894

So it looks like the graphics card in my 1.5Ghz Powerbook (GeForce 5200 Go) SHOULD be compatible with the transparency, but isn't, so they're calling it a bug. Which may or may not get fixed :/

Is there a way of logging into iChat with your msn address so sort of using iChat as your msn. If you get what i mean.

Unfortunately not. You can use Adium for all these types of online messenger but iChat works only with .Mac, AIM, Jabber and Google Talk accounts.

Well thanks for the advice chaps! I'll give Sims 2 a go then. I'm hoping the 256vram can do well with something other than the funky visualisations within iTunes. I'll report my findings once it's arrived, should it prove useful information for anyone else (Y)

Works fine, beefed resolution, all the trimmings. Forgot how annoyingly addictive this game is...

N.B. the card is an X1600.

ok, next question............

i have just got a gmail account and dont want to use my hotmail account anymore.

i have set my gmail account up in mail, that is all fine.

Have changed most of my details on ebay etc etc so they should start coming through my gmail.

have set up msn to with my gmail account and imported my old contacts.

but, how can i get my hotmail account emails to be forwarded or redirected to my gmail account??

thanks

Dan

I was just randomly checking to see how much each section of my HD was taking up memory-wise and looked at my music folder which contains ONLY music this folder is 14.45gb. Yet in my iTunes i have all the music in there and it says at the bottom the music is only 6.99gb.

:o Dose anyone know my problem because i wouldn't mind that 5gb or whatever it is back.

You have got ALL your music in there haven't you? (in itunes) subfolders the lot.

Also have you deleted any music from itunes, as when it says do you want to delete, move to trash, I don't think it actually does.

No idea other than that.