Mac Problems

Spikenipple

How much? Silly question, but its not Mac only or something is it? :lol:

Hahaha.

No, it's read by any format, although from the sounds of it Vista might need to approve some security stuff to mount any external hard drives these days :P

Dunno really, open to offers. Was about ÂŁ120 when I got it.

Probs worth about ÂŁ50 now.

How long ago since you did a clean install? I cant think of anything really specific besides checking Activity Monitor and seeing if there are any runaway apps using up all your memory, or going through applications with AppZapper (http://appzapper.com/) and getting rid of everything you dont need to free up some HDD space.

still on the factory install. i think i got the computer in early september 2006 or something.

i am thinking of new hdd soon with more storage as this is cramped, and maybe leopard. the slowness and ball is annoying the shit out o me. mehhhh..

Yeah I would imagine it's annoying. The other day After Effects kept crashing which pissed me the f**k off. HDD upgrade should be easy, I think Apple pretty much ask you to do it yourself, there is a PDF on the site I think. You could try some more instant ramification too. That could be useful!

ok i have a qusetion. about macs.

i have a 500gb external hard drive, fat 32 formatted it is. and the max file size you can have on it is 4gb ish right?

well, on a mac (specifically a mac mini) can you have files larger than 4gb?

basically i have a 7gb *.dmg file on my pc and i want it mounted on the mac

can anyone tell i just got a mac and dont have a clue how to use it??

right, latest problem is... not so much a mac one...

im using a razer copperhead mouse, i know theres no mac drivers for it but i thought, as its usb it should basically function, which it does, but its not smooth.

when you move the mouse across the screen it jumps allover and isnt accurate..

any way to fix this?

***also*** what is the best bit torrent program to use with a mac... osx 10.5

Edited by himynameisphil

Anyone get problems with flash stuff in firefox ? It kinda kills my CPU and some stuff don't come up properly... I'd like to use Safari but I can't stand the lack of extensions and that you can't do "google/I feel lucky" searches right in the navigation bar... Any solutions or other browsers that meat my criterias (especially the auto-search one)

Got a brand new mac, installed leopard, every few hours it comes up with this 'you need to restart your computer message' and completely locks me out....

thought macs werent suppose to do this kind of thing...

i looked on the apple website and it said i need to restart and reset the PRAM or something, did that, didnt help. gonna try formatting next but anything anyone else can suggest?

phil