Not So New Newbie....

The Riddlers

Hey guys!

Just introducing myself....

I used to ride trials 10odd years ago...back before you could buy a pre-built bike.

So it was build your own! I had a 12.5" GT Zaskar, with P2's, Mavic 121's (anyone remember them!) and XT V's (Mags cost a fortune back then).

I rode that for a couple of years till the head tube went twisting off a back to back phone box....

Been riding dirt since then....got 2 bikes....a Retro '98 DMR with '99 Z1 BAMS running 24" rims and a Revell which im building up at the mo, again 24".

Bumped into a trials guy at my local trails the other day, and the bug grew again...

So, Ive literally just got back from picking up Bretolls Orange Zero!

Cant wait till tomorrow night to have a ride!

Look forward to being a part of the forums!

Law

welcome back to world of trials mate. i took about 4 years out and then had a go on a mates bike and had to buy a new one. not stopped since. its still the best tonic for when your missus is doing your onion in or to keep the beer gut down. best of luck. but i will say it hurts allot more now when something goes tits up. ha ha

An all retro build!

'98-'99 DMR Sidekick frame

'99 Z1 BAM forks

Hope C2 upfront

Seriously old hs33 rear

Superb (not) square taper bb and bent Travtiv (or whatever they are) cranks

Original V12's

Unbranded anodised blue stem (woo)

World Force bars that Noah bought over

FSA headset which randomly goes tight

Deffinatly not round Halo Combat rims

And it runs on single speed :D

I used to ride trials 10odd years ago...back before you could buy a pre-built bike. So it was build your own! I had a 12.5" GT Zaskar, with P2's, Mavic 121's (anyone remember them!) and XT V's (Mags cost a fortune back then).

Yeah! They were the days! I had a 12.5" GT, and ripped the headtube off it too!! Kids these days are spoilt - back then, trials-specific frames were in short supply, and were f'cking expensive.

Glad you've got back into it though. My trials bike hasn't been ridden in months. I ought to do something about that...