Xbox 360 V Ps3

Mr Dave

360 Exclusives:

Fable 2

you almost made me wet my pants then when u said fable 2(and alos you said huxley wasnt out yet but didnt mention fable 2 wasnt. i was in 2 states 1) it must of been crap, ive never seen it for sale/mentioned anywhere

and 2) wholly grab i need to buy that game right now, 24 hour tesco here i come.

luckily i stopped short of grabbing the car keys and looked online, and its not out to 2008, but i hadnt even heard of it up until today(im not someone who plays games online, i realise theyd be the end of my social life and i dont buy games magazines). youve got me really excited.

fable 2 is reason enough to buy a 360, im almost at the point of going and ordering fable off ebay now, so i can play it on my xbox, its genuinely the only game ive completed 3 times over, and wasted several days of my life playing, i didnt like the look of it when i saw it in the shop, and it all sounded a bit gay, but when i was convinced into firing it up to see what the hype was about, about 40 minutes in, i was addicted. so much so that i didnt sleep till 6am in the morning(bearing in mind i started playing it about 1pm) cos i was so engrossed.

Now the final point I shall make that is a very odd one but I am sure many 360 gamers will agree with me here, the Achievements system. This really does add more length to the games, you get nothing but points for them, however I have found them slightly addictive.

I entirely agree. Not exactly the same, but I seem slightly obssessed with increasing my exp on halo, even though i dont really understand what it is, or really how it works. i just know it gets bigger when i win haha.

on the same subject, what is the highest skill number? mine is 7.. dunno wat it means.

J

Edited by James

Better machine: PS3

Free Service: PS3

More Powerful: PS3

More Reliable: PS3

Nicer Looking: Xbox!

Better Service: Xbox

But the thing is. The Xbox has Halo and this game is worth taking the console back to game around 5 times and plus... the xbox is so much cheaper. Buy the xbox buy halo and spend the ret on your bike. Halo is the only gane you'll ever need (within reason)

HD DVD is gunna win too :P

But the thing is. The Xbox has Halo and this game is worth taking the console back to game around 5 times and plus... the xbox is so much cheaper. Buy the xbox buy halo and spend the ret on your bike. Halo is the only gane you'll ever need (within reason)

Blu-ray ***!

IMO halo 3 is just overhyped anyway its just halo 1 and 2 but with better graphics, i dont see what all the fuss is about >_<

PS3 for FFXIII and MGS4!

Xbox Live and its fantastic, it might cost £40 a year but its guanteed good gaming. You get a very good service for £40, download HD music videos, game trailers, latest demos etc its very good.

You have to pay!? I didnt realise that...funny how thats not talked about much, no wonder the online experience is much better then on xbox if there making money on it to be able to make it better, its all free on the PS3 and for what you get its good enough for me, so is the xbox really the better option?...and yeh you could say but £40 in a year is nothing at all, yet its still an extra £40, and you can also download HD trailers and game demos etc on PS3.

360 got better controllers

sooo debatable, i think the 360 controllers suck and are more annoying to use , whereas the ps3 ones have a much better ease of use

Edited by Bondy

and yeh you could say but £40 in a year is nothing at all, yet its still an extra £40, and you can also download HD trailers and game demos etc on PS3.

but isnt the ps3 more than £40 more expensive than the xbox anyway?

Edited by James

not over one or two years

but the games are cheaper on the 360 arnt they? so say u buy 4 games a year, the xbox owner will save about £40? which they will put towards xbox live. so effectively your paying about the same for both online services. its then down to user discretion which is better, which seems to be xbox live.

but the games are cheaper on the 360 arnt they? so say u buy 4 games a year, the xbox owner will save about £40? which they will put towards xbox live. so effectively your paying about the same for both online services. its then down to user discretion which is better, which seems to be xbox live.

i get all my games for £39.99 which is the same as xbox isnt it?

Bah anyway, its all like you said down to user preference really, if you prefer the PS3 get the PS3 and same with xbox

Edited by Bondy

If you read above I said why it is not actually a more powerful machine as the developers cannot unlock the power due to the SPEs mainly.

Also £40 a year is nothing, its just under £4 a month for a top quality service. As far as I am aware, from what I have heard, on the PS3 online service you have different logings for different games, you have different friends lists for different games etc, on the Xbox its just one login on friends list, its a lot easier. Then again you dont really hear much of the PS3 online where as Xbox Live is a common subject really.

As far as I am aware, from what I have heard, on the PS3 online service you have different logings for different games, you have different friends lists for different games etc, on the Xbox its just one login on friends list, its a lot easier.

PS3 is one login and one friends list aswell, dont know where you heard that then! :unsure:

IMO halo 3 is just overhyped anyway its just halo 1 and 2 but with better graphics, i dont see what all the fuss is about >_<

Yup. Waste of however much my brother payed for it really. Single player, as far as I could remember, was a complete rehash of Halo: Combat Evolved. Fight covanent. Rescue a few people. Strange zombie aliens show up. Follow blue shiny thing. Rescue a few people. Oh noes!! Strange shiny blue thing is evil!!! Final Warthog escape mission.

And the multiplayer was quite poor aswell. everyone's cumming over it and it was medicore at best. Obviously, all of the players shocked and amazed by it haven't touched a decent multiplayer PC game in their lives.

I've not read the whole thread but is the 360 in HD as I enjoy playing games on my projector in HD. IMO it make quite a big difference particularly in racing games for example where you're looking for the small detail in the distance.

(Y)

yes it is, and the premium version comes with the hd componant lead for ur telly or in ur case, projector.

If xbox live didnt cost we wouldnt get updates as often there fore the gaming experience would suck. we wouldnt get all the fantastic (ish) support staff and prices of games and the market place would go up :) HA! :lol:

the only thing that sounds useful is the constant updates depending on what they actually are, plus I've already said the prices of the games do not differ aswell so :P

So in this whole thread we managed to point out the only plusses to a PS3 are:

Free online

2 Exclusives that are worth getting, or worded better, killer apps.

And Blu Ray if you care about next gen formats.

So in this whole thread we managed to point out the only plusses to an xbox 360 are:

Better online multiplay

A couple of exclusives that are worth getting

Cheaper

it works both ways ;)

I think this thread is about done now :P, theyre both good consoles , get whatever you want!

Edited by Bondy

Surely the processing power/internal gubbins/Blu-ray stuff hardly matters at all though? It's all about what games there are - and it looks like there will be a couple of decent ones which are PS3 exclusive (GT5, MGS). And loads which are on both consoles. I reckon that's enough information for anyone to make their mind up.