Xbox 360 V Ps3

Mr Dave

Hello

quite simple, now they've both been out for a while, and the ps3 price is a bit more reasonable, which would you say is the one to go for ?

i was going for the ps3, for the better games, but noticiing the games on the 360 arnt that bad! you can get the orange box on them now which i didn't know, also i want Ghost recon 2, and have now noticed you can get them on both!

i do like final fantasy alot! so ps3 for that, plus you've got the new GTA on the Ps3

Also, PLEASE no bias opinions here, forgetting price, which has the better graphics/the potential for better graphics???????????/

also whats the online game play like with each of them as ill be doing that alot, which is best for online ?

THanks, anymore advice welcome

Dave :)

360 without a doubt.

What games could you possibly want on the PS3, which aren't either a ) multi-platform or b ) are actually any good in the first place.

The new GTA is coming out on the 360, the only reason it hasn't been released is because the PS3 version runs so badly they have to keep delaying.

GRAW2 isn't as good as GRAW, the story is too short and the multiplayer is still average, I'd defiantely recommend R6:V though, that's awesome.

Potentially the PS3 has better graphics, but most developers have such a hard time coding for it, they never look that much better than the 360.

Online, Xbox LIVE really is the don, I've played online on a PS3, and if you can find anyone, it's OK, but despite the thousands of smacktalking kids, LIVE is awesome.

oh wow not looking too good for the ps3 :Slol

ps not fussed about the blueray!

would be cool to link it up with my psp though..... but i guess thats what friends ones are for?

oh one more thing, can you plug keyboard and mouse into either of them ????!??

Edited by Mr Dave

Rich spoilt b*****d mate has both, been round and played both neither are exactly my cup of tea but the xbox is better by far, besides who needs a blu ray player?

So I'd say get a 360 and keyboard mouse plug in, closest thing you can get to a pc really and makes the shooter games much more fun (still halo 3 is majorly over hyped)

I know it sounds fickle but if you buy an xbox and you only ever own one game, make it halo.. It is phenominal in both quality, gameplay and the online play is paramount. As far as im aware you can get a years gold subscription to xbox live, and an xbox premium, a copy of H3 and still spend less than you would buying a PS3. Saying that, the ps3 is alright, and of course it has blu ray, but thats a whole other kettle of fish in terms of blu ray Vs. HD DVD. But you have to form your own opinons of that. Myself id say, blu ray isnt a good enough reason to choose a ps3 over the 360, and of course for an extre £99 or something, u can buy the HD DVD add on for the 360.

So to conclude,

get the xbox, you wont regret it i promis you.

J

Ive just bought a xbox and i can happily say its the best £200 quid i ever spent , there are a few downsides to it like the rings of death and having to pay for online gaming but it trumps a ps3 everytime . also ps3 is being re-designed again with a new controler that is motion sensative and also vibrates .

Ive just bought a xbox and i can happily say its the best £200 quid i ever spent , there are a few downsides to it like the rings of death and having to pay for online gaming but it trumps a ps3 everytime . also ps3 is being re-designed again with a new controler that is motion sensative and also vibrates .

I don't think the PS3 is being redesign but the controller is definetly having its sex changed reversed but keeping the boob job (had a long convo with a friend and this is how he described it haha!). I think the PS3 is recieving a new chip (like the xbox also is) and maybe a new blu ray player (i think it already has recieved a new blu ray player though).

Whichever you get, buy Assassins Creed :)

But seriously, X360 is well better due to having amazing online gameplay, especially the shoot em ups :D

Buy a new X360 though because the older ones have the 3 red light bug and its a b*****d to sort out (couriers n shiz).

Adam.

Edited by Adam92Trials

James - Smaller chip so less work so less heat so reduces tiring out your xbox so easily.

Mr.Dave - Halo 3 edition £279 on game.co.uk with halo 3 for free.

PS: don't guarantee my theory of the halo 3 edition to have the new chip, was on engadget.com which is mainly rumours.

Edited by Joelio

ok i seem to be getting the feeling the xbox is better >_<

does anyone know if gran tourismo 5 will be out on xbox????

and can someone confirm you can plug keyboard and mouse into an xbox???

Cheers :D great help!

xbox 360 has 2 usb ports on the front, so yes you can.

gran turismo is sony exclusive so no it wont be out on the xbox 360, but then imo forza motorsport outclasses GT anyway, and thats xbox exclusive at the moment, as is pgr, which is a lot more arcadey, but still a mint driving game.

360 games are so much cheaper too, loads and loads of pre owned games, so if you only got £15 you can still go pick up a decent game second hand, and theres plenty of new titles under £20 in the xbox classics range and just older games. whereas the ps3 dont even have a platinum range just yet does it, meaning all games are like £40 -£50 a pop.

xbox is 4 player, ps3 is 2 i think.

xbox has saints row, crackdown, halo, forza, pgr, etc. ps3 dont have anything that amazing in my eyes.

and i havent even mentioned gears of war.

360 games are so much cheaper too, loads and loads of pre owned games, so if you only got £15 you can still go pick up a decent game second hand, and theres plenty of new titles under £20 in the xbox classics range and just older games. whereas the ps3 dont even have a platinum range just yet does it, meaning all games are like £40 -£50 a pop.

plus you can get such xbox classics as; Halo 1, Halo 2 and many many more.

said in the style of Troy McLure.

And the 360 is so stunning that PS3 exclusive titles are being changed to both

So now Xbox gets Devil May Cry for sure. And also the new Metal Gear Solid aswell just a month later apprantly anyway.

My room mate has a PS3 and i've got the Elite 360 next to that, in graphics there is no real difference. Infact in Skate the 360 has a better frame rate so wins!!

Yeaa 360 all the way haha :D

Alexxx

Just to clear a few things up first:

1. The new chips are on a smaller manufacturing process, they are going to be built using 65nm instead of 90nm technology. This basically means that the transistors of the chip are smaller and closer together, this then reduceds power leaks, thus reducing power consumption and overall heat, meaning your Xbox will last longer. You can find a lot more on this by browsing net if anyone is interested.

2. The PS3 DOES NOT have the capability to have superior graphics, its technically more powerful, but not graphically. The Cell CPU in the PS3, can technically run more threads than the 360 in one clock cycle because of the 7 SPEs, I have not read a lot about the SPEs but as far as I am aware they are quite physics related and are not much use for general CPU functions. So whilst technically the PS3 has a more powerful CPU it does not actually help because Games Consoles need more general purpose cores, such as the Xbox 360s tri-core which will run 2 threads per core, each clock cycle. After actually speaking to developers such as UBI Soft & EA they do actually prefer the 360 because of the ease of creating games, with Microsoft giving them a lot of support on the development end and relatively simple hardware to use, Sony have powerful hardware but its just a pain to program with.

The PS3 RSX graphisc chip is not as powerful as the Xbox 360s R500 which is why you will not see the PS3 having better graphics, mainly because in short, its a PC graphics chip, the R500 is a purpose built gaming chip with 10mb eDram which is mega fast which helps the 360 run 2xAA minimum on all games, unless the developer chooses to use it otherwise.

To summarise that, the PS3 has a technically more powerful CPU, but less powerful GPU, the 360 has a more general purpose CPU and a more powerful GPU, making the 360 a lot easier to program.

I would reccomend the 360, it has stolen so many games from the PS3 exclusives list and more to the point what games are there on the PS3 which are not on the 360 that make the console worth buying?

360 Exclusives:

Halo 3

PGR 4

Gears of War (now on PC but not PS3)

Crackdown

Forza 2

Bioshock (on pc but not PS3)

Saints Row (SR2 will be on ps3 but its not out till 2008)

Amped 3

Dead or Alive series

Fable 2 (not out yet)

Huxley (not out yet)

Kameo: Elements of Power

Perfect Dark Zero

Mass Effect (not out yet)

PS3 Exclusives:

GT5

MGS 4 (massive rumor its coming to 360 as well though)

Warhawk

Tekken

Heavenly Sword

Killzone 2

Resistance: Fall of Man

I have only put down the big games really for exclusives, but weigh up which games you prefer really, but are you willing to pay the extra money when you can get some absolutly amazing games on the 360 for less? Can find bigger lists on the net but the 360 lists just grows in length.

As for the online service, I have never used the PS3 online nor do I know anyone who has, however I have used Xbox Live and its fantastic, it might cost £40 a year but its guanteed good gaming. You get a very good service for £40, download HD music videos, game trailers, latest demos etc its very good.

Now the final point I shall make that is a very odd one but I am sure many 360 gamers will agree with me here, the Achievements system. This really does add more length to the games, you get nothing but points for them, however I have found them slightly addictive. I dont buy games to get a high gamer score but the games I do buy it adds more to them. Skate for example, get a 10,000 point line, its not too hard, but its not too easy, it just gives you something extra to do that you normally would not aim for. Its hard to explain their addiction but they are really good fun, especially on Crackdown, climing the huge HQ and then jumping off into the water :P Great fun.

Overall get a 360, might have gone a bit OTT with the post but theres so much good to say about them. Only downside is the RROD, I have only had it once, but if your console is within 1 year old, Game should replace it in the shop, they did mine.

Edited by Team War Rider