How Old Were You When You Stopped Believing?

Smoby

All I really would like to know is how old you was when you stopped believing in Santa and the Easter Bunny and so on...

I stopped believing round about 8-9 I remember when I found mum and dad putting presents under the tree!

I shouted at them both and didn’t talk to them for 2 Days. I thought I was so smart :)

Also what was the one you looked most to seeing??

Why did you want to see him/her/it?

How did you react about finding out about Santa?

Cheers Craig

:P

nah im messing, i think i was actually about 7 or 8 i think. a lad at school told me and i wasnt happy.

its one of those things though that your like "what, isnt real!!" then you forget about a day later lol.

Hah yeah I get what you mean.

I remember when I sat up all night looking out my window. I was waiting and never saw him. Waited for ages then I made up a reason for me not seeing him and it was like... he needs to get to get round the world in 1 night so I made myself think that he stopped time wont round for about to years then started time and it just felt like not time had gone by :)

Cheers Craig

:P

I'm not sure I ever remember believing. I just seem to remember picking up on my Dad's voice that it was a lie, or that when I was given a preset, it was given from them - not Santa.

So either I was amazingly naturally perceptive, or they were just awful liars that didn't try particularly hard to perpetuate the myth?

Whoah an original topic in new members! Well done!

I can't remember ever believing, my dad was a complete twat about stuff like that lol.

Ah that is actually quite sad, you really missed a part of your youth then :mellow:

Anyway, I stopped believing in "sinterklaas" [sort of santa in Holland] when I was about 8, a friend told me he was fake :(

Never really believed in it lol :huh: ... Parents would hardly even talk about Santa, all i remember is everytime it was Christmas I would ask my parents what I wanted, not Santa, i think i believed in the tooth fairy more than Santa! I remembered putting my teeth under my pillow and i would 'magically' get like 10p or something lol :lol: