Iphone

lewis.jackson

Hmm, I hate touch-screens - never used on that's good, from PDA's to Sat Nav they all seem to be shite.

Go and use an iPhone then. They are different. Typing is still a pain the arse (but apparently it gets better when you've learnt how) but it's so much more responsive and feels better than anything else.

Meh, I'll stop talking cos I'm coming across like a fanboy. It's just annoying how people are anti-Apple for no particular reason. I think big-screen TVs are overpriced and pointless but I don't go around telling people. For some reason though, people think they need to badmouth iPods/Macs.

Ok all this talk about phones have got me wanting a new phone and I have been looking around for one. can anyone recomend a GOOD phone. Dont want a touch screen I have had 3 touch screen smart phones and are more trouble than there worth, I want it to record video @ a min of 25fps at a resolution of 640x480 that records in mp4/wmv format, min 2mp stills cam with optical zoom or 5mp with dig zoom and a flash or a good light, mp3/wma player/recorder expandable memory micro sd,320x240 screen, pim, java, bluetooth, gprs, optional port to connect gps ( dont want it builtin ), composit video out, all in a flip package and wifi would be nice aswell :rolleyes: This would be the ideal phone for me. all these functions are out there but not a one singular phone well i cant find one. I currently have a v3x which nearly fits the bill but is getting a bit old and battered now its nearly 2 years old.

You pretty much described the N95 then lol.

Fast video capture, 30fps, decent camera, memory slot for micro sd. all you said up there really. Oh, and it has gps which is pretty f**king good when you get it working (which is a nightmare to start with)

Inbuilt GPS is much better than carrying a separate thing, surely? Either way, you can always use an external one via bluetooth if you must (even if the phone comes with built-in GPS).

Get the 8Gb one. It's got 8Gb of space, and it's black which is a Good Thingâ„¢.

Christ, don't want much do you :P

Camera wise I think the new Sony Ericsson is good, don't quote me on that but I think it's a good 5mp one with decent video capture... no idea about the rest though!

I bought my wife a sony ericsson a couple of months ago it wasnt the 5mp but it was a very good camera and the phone was well made it was just a shame about the rest of the phone ( sony falls into the same category as apple im affaid for me tries to lock you into what they think you want )

Cant see why Im asking for much from a phone, its all there, but not in one package.

the n95 yes now that is a GOOD phone and your right very nearly fits every requirement for me except its a little on the big side I wish they would drop the qwerty keyboard ( if im thinking of the right one ) and make it a flip phone.

Builtin gps not for me, the thought of a mobile phone provider having the ability of knowing where the phone ( me ) is within 4sq meters is a bit scary or even tracking my movements when travelling. :ermm: its bad enough that they can track you within 400sq meters should they want to

Just looked at the n95 and no it wasnt the one i was thinking of ( with the qwerty keyboard ) do anybody know what resolution and file format it records video.

Edited by wrongsideof40

Meh, I'll stop talking cos I'm coming across like a fanboy. It's just annoying how people are anti-Apple for no particular reason. I think big-screen TVs are overpriced and pointless but I don't go around telling people. For some reason though, people think they need to badmouth iPods/Macs.

EVERYONE who's bought a Mac and thinks it isn't complete shite is automatically a fanboy.

i get so much shit from all my mates if i as much as mention that my mac works better than their computers most of the time. :turned:

the n95 yes now that is a GOOD phone and your right very nearly fits every requirement for me except its a little on the big side I wish they would drop the qwerty keyboard ( if im thinking of the right one ) and make it a flip phone.

Builtin gps not for me, the thought of a mobile phone provider having the ability of knowing where the phone ( me ) is within 4sq meters is a bit scary or even tracking my movements when travelling. :ermm: its bad enough that they can track you within 400sq meters should they want to

Just looked at the n95 and no it wasnt the one i was thinking of ( with the qwerty keyboard ) do anybody know what resolution and file format it records video.

"Up to 5 megapixel (2592 x 1944 pixels) camera, Carl Zeiss optics, Vario-Tessar lens, MPEG-4 VGA video capture of up to 30 fps"

thats all i could find. it doesnt even tell you in the phone what it does it at, just the top setting for quality is called TV quality.

Mobile Video

• Video resolutions: up to VGA (640x480) at 30 fps

• Audio recording: AAC stereo

• Digital video stabilization

• Video clip length: limited by available memory

• Video file format .mp4 (default), .3gp (for MMS)

• White balance: automatic, sunny, cloudy, incandescent, fluorescent

• Scene: automatic, night

• Colour tones: normal, sepia, black & white, negative

• Zoom: (optical / digital) 1x / up to 10 x (VGA up to 4x)

Found that

Edited by Si-man

Er, what makes you think the phone companies care where you are? The GPS destroys the battery life so there's no way it's all all the time, tracking my movements. You're paranoid :S

Er, what makes you think the phone companies care where you are? The GPS destroys the battery life so there's no way it's all all the time, tracking my movements. You're paranoid :S

Phone companies may not care but plenty of orginisation would pay good money for this information. But you are quite right it would not be on all the time even if the phone is.

Think I have just found my new phone Nokia N93. I need to look at it in the flesh but it do tick all the right boxes. (Y)

erm, records in .mpeg4, at 640 x 480.

as for the whole tracking thing, technically they can track to within 5 metres in a built up area as it is, and that even applies when the phone is turned off if needed. but unless your doing something seriously wrong, i dont see why you got something to worry about.

erm, records in .mpeg4, at 640 x 480.

as for the whole tracking thing, technically they can track to within 5 metres in a built up area as it is, and that even applies when the phone is turned off if needed. but unless your doing something seriously wrong, i dont see why you got something to worry about.

Im not worried about the tracking thing as i never do anything wrong :closedeyes: . If the phone is off then surley that information that the gps has cant not be given back to the phone company unless it some how stores the information on the phone until it turnt back on. Perhaps I just think about things to much, many people are against for what ever reason , for example number plate recongnition from traffic cams or cctv monitoring movments because they think its against there rights . The current phone tech could be just another way of of doing this but know one ever questions it.

Im not worried about the tracking thing as i never do anything wrong :closedeyes: . If the phone is off then surley that information that the gps has cant not be given back to the phone company unless it some how stores the information on the phone until it turnt back on. Perhaps I just think about things to much, many people are against for what ever reason , for example number plate recongnition from traffic cams or cctv monitoring movments because they think its against there rights . The current phone tech could be just another way of of doing this but know one ever questions it.

wasnt so much talking about the gps, the gps only works when its activated on the phone. was more talking about the location from triangulation of the phone masts (the 400 metre thing you were on about before) aparently that can still work when the phone is turned off.

wasnt so much talking about the gps, the gps only works when its activated on the phone. was more talking about the location from triangulation of the phone masts (the 400 metre thing you were on about before) aparently that can still work when the phone is turned off.

Intresting. Oh bugger you have given me something else to worry about now :huh: . Unless the phone transmits a signal when off I dont think it can be pinpointed. I dont think this is the case because when you turn a phone back on the first thing it does is search for a network. But I could be wrong. I know the police have used the triangulation of the phone masts to find people that they need to but its pretty hit and miss. Expecially if the phone for is on the 3 network :lol: