Mike Bentham / 144 Productions

Jonny Jones

I speak to Mike kinda often and he sent me this link to a video himself and a production company have put together. Its a mixture of fast XC/Freeride, skatepark and, yes, some Trials haha! The concept behind it was merging the genres of riding together, its pretty clever and looks wicked! It was also made to be entered into a film festival that is apparently happening in Canada... next year I think?

http://144productions.net/monday.html

Shot in HD using a Panasonic HVX200, DVCPRO HD format, so no tapes involved at all. Final Cut Pro and Shake were used to cut it and get all the smooth shots. No Stedicam rigs were used, but a little golf-buggy type thing was used for the tracking shots. I think its beautiful! See what you people think of it :)

oh my god! that was amazing, one of the coolest vids ive seen. I can see a lot of work has been put into it, and every minute well spent. Cool shots, really smooth camera action, cool riding, especially enjoyed the trials at the end. Uve got some nice bikes man! Where was it filmed?

Andrew

Truly awesome! I love videos like that. The whole cinematography for that was amazing. I really liked the 'transitions' and merges from one discipline to another, perfectly done. I really liked how alot of the footage was captured in motion. Deffinately a keeper! Thanks for sharing :)

i'm pretty sure most of them quit or ended up doing something else.

brett is still around on otn though, morley aswell, i think he was in the old mtt videos. might go ahead and rehost them somewhere some day if i haven't already, they're good.

• 11 months later...