1gb Mp3 Players...

MadManMike

Looking around at the moment, seen a Samsung YP-U3 for about £35, an iPod Shuffle for about £40 and a few random cheapies.

Obviously I don't want the ones that are about a tenner, with a name I've never heard of...

I've used Sony in the past but they never seem to go very loud so I don't think I'd get one again...

Can someone suggest a decent one for less than £40?

Ok, found a Zen Stone Plus 2gb on Play.com for £34.99.

Unless anyone has any reason why not, that'll be my choice :)

And for the record, on Sony players its not usually too difficult to get into the technicians menu and take off the volume restraint ;)

uh tom if only i knew that when i was after mine, sony was best i had only let down was poor music volume.

creative zen stone plus is good. only letdown i found is the battery life

Why dont you use your phone ?. I would be intrested to hear your comments.

Ive got a w810i sony walkman phone and the new ipod nano 3rd gen....

Phone battery is shit basicly, Ipods is better and it has a better scroll menu imo.

Better phones than mine would probaly be better but i only use my phone fore texting and calling. Also if i am out running i prefer to have a playlist set-up to keep me in the mood so i dont get shit board turn round and walk :D.

IMO!

Why dont you use your phone ?. I would be intrested to hear your comments.

I have a skinny Samsung, which is still a bit too large for me to lug about, you can't just plug headphones in because you have to use an adaptor which normally adds almost a metre to cable length.

Phones also, as yet, do not have good sound quality / ease of use that MP3 Players have.

Capacity is an issue too, can't be bothered to buy a memory card either, would rather just buy a player for an extra fiver.

I have a skinny Samsung, which is still a bit too large for me to lug about, you can't just plug headphones in because you have to use an adaptor which normally adds almost a metre to cable length.

Phones also, as yet, do not have good sound quality / ease of use that MP3 Players have.

Capacity is an issue too, can't be bothered to buy a memory card either, would rather just buy a player for an extra fiver.

But dont most people carry there phones around anyway. As regaurds the head phones the solution is bluetooth headphones with a shuffle control on the tiny reciever £20'ish. I can only speak for the phones I have owned all have been able to create play lists and have been easy to use and have had good battery life, 1gb memory is very cheap £3-4. Sound quality is subjective with many different factors that can affect it , type of music with the codec used, headphones and so on. Get a good DAP app for the phone with a graphic equalizer this will sort out most players downfalls.

But dont most people carry there phones around anyway. As regaurds the head phones the solution is bluetooth headphones with a shuffle control on the tiny reciever £20'ish. I can only speak for the phones I have owned all have been able to create play lists and have been easy to use and have had good battery life, 1gb memory is very cheap £3-4. Sound quality is subjective with many different factors that can affect it , type of music with the codec used, headphones and so on. Get a good DAP app for the phone with a graphic equalizer this will sort out most players downfalls.

The age of "One gadget does it all" has not yet arrived for me, granted they all DO IT, but some just don't do it well. I would guess that the iPhone comes the closest to being a good MP3 player.

And no I don't take my phone with me on rides, I don't like being disturbed when riding and I don't like much in my pockets. Tend to go out with just keys to be honest.

I can create playlists and stuff on mine, but instead of your usual format of selecting Artist, Song or Album you just get a gash looking list of songs. Also if someone calls it cuts out and what not... Volume's also not good on phones (Or the ones I've used at least).

I'm pretty hard to please, I'm yet to be impressed by a camera on a phone. The new 5mp ones are getting there.

On the subject of MP3 players, I need something bigger than my 80gig iPod, something bigger than the 160gig new one.

I have over 380 gig of music on here and I want it all in one place :P

As far as I know an External Hard Drive is the only thing big enough to hold all that, but you'd not be able to use it like an MP3 player lol

Imagine sat on the tube with a 500gb hard drive in your hand!