Windows Vista

Revolver

But the point is vista should work the same, despite various hardware configurations... thats why they do beta testing. The fact that it isn't working properly on his computer suggests it is something wrong with his computer especially when other people are running it fine. Vista doesn't change the way it runs depending on what brand/type of hardware you have so it won't be a problem with vista itself. The biggest hint is that its telling him the display drivers are crashing, which means he needs to try new drivers or maybe even a new video card.

The drivers for 32bit vista are fine, and the ones for 64bit vista will be up to scratch pretty damn soon.

It should work the same as you said but its not always the case, and as for Beta testing it well known that a new version of windows gets released to public to really beta test it.

It should work the same as you said but its not always the case, and as for Beta testing it well known that a new version of windows gets released to public to really beta test it.

But if it works on vista, it works on vista. If its not working because of a hardware or software conflict, then its his computer. Vista was beta tested i took part in it, and i'm pretty sure tom (the admin on here) took part in it. Vista was ready for general release, its everyone else who wasn't... people just like to blame microsoft because of their previous track record.

"Have you ever wondered is Microsoft really totally at fault for bad customer experiences with Windows Vista?

Is it really the operating system, or maybe its the OEM's installing crapware and making it difficult for customers to make decisions on their own on what gets installed on the computers. When a computer comes from the OEM right out of the box and its riddled with 40 apps in the systemtray, you try to disable them and boom errors pop up...Well **** its not the software, its the operating system, Lets just blame Microsoft!"

So exactly right. My pc came with a load of shit on it from dell afteri got rid of all of it I haven't really had a problem at all.

Heres me question,(sorry if its thread hijacking, but this thread seems dead apart from the mac vs pc debate) is there any streaming p2p programs that work on vista right now?? im talking sopCast, TVUplayer and the like.

used to have them on xp, didnt use them that often, but they where sometimes handy. but cant find one that works on vista at the moment.

and to the point. i notice how all the problems ive had with vista, such as programs not working etc, have all either been fixed with downloading the latest version of the program, or the developers have got on their website "currently our software does not run on the windows vista operating system, but we are currently working on a fix for this" meaning the software developers are fixing the problems with getting their software ready for vista. as opposed to microsoft fixing their operating system to run with everybodies software. kinda suggestin there aint too much wrong with the operating system.

There isn't really THAT much bitching about Windows on Mac forums. I only frequent Mac Rumors but I'm not allowed to post on it so I don't. I mean, a lot of mac users mock Windows users but I think that's kind of taken from a lot of the Apple publicity. Also a lot of new Mac users do end up saying 'I wish I'd have tried OS X out earlier' and stuff like that, merely because for some things, it's much more suited, for some it's really not.

I don't think a mac is for everyone by a long stretch of the imagination and I'll happily tell customers that at work. I think that definitely some mac users have really ignorant attitudes which make them self centered and wankers (not to name anyone on the forum..)

Either way, there's some stuff which Windows is good at and there's some stuff that Macs are good at. Personally, I prefer mac but I know there are people queuing up to argue windows' side.

Meh. Merry Xmas. Lets all try get along shall we :P