What's A Good Bike For A Beginner ?

amanda

Hey

I'm looking to get into bike trials but I don't have a bike. What is a good bike for not too much cash ? I'm a student and looking to learn to drive soon so I haven't a lot of money. I'm not even too sure if I'll like it, so obviously I don't wanna waste my money.

Also, if anyone lives around Exeter / Taunton way and would like to let me try their bike, I would reali appreciate it ! I saw some riders in Taunton yesterday so I know there are some around !

Thx

Amanda

Hey

I'm looking to get into bike trials but I don't have a bike. What is a good bike for not too much cash ? I'm a student and looking to learn to drive soon so I haven't a lot of money. I'm not even too sure if I'll like it, so obviously I don't wanna waste my money.

Also, if anyone lives around Exeter / Taunton way and would like to let me try their bike, I would reali appreciate it ! I saw some riders in Taunton yesterday so I know there are some around !

Thx

Amanda

u should buy an onza t-vee its a 20" trialsbike that £300 its agood ofer and probs one of the chepeset new trials bikes around

from conjon

Hey

Thx

Amanda

i live in exeter but im not seling my bike im 12 years old but wen u get a bike ill be happy to come out riding with you

p.s sadals and padals is a good trials bike store it near key carpark next to the river

from conjon

Edited by conjon

Hey

Thx

Amanda

I and a few others live in chard, and we know alot of the riders in taunton, if i hadnt snapped my axle earlier today we could of met up for a ride sometime.

I don't know much about whether 20" or 26" is better but I think I'd rather 20". That's the 2nd recommendation for an onza T-pro so I might look into it a bit more. At the moment, I'm riding this so I'm used to 20" and I'm hoping that might give me a bit of an advantage when starting bike trials ? Probably not, but oh well !

Conjon, don't worry ! I wasn't wanting to buy your bike, just was checking to see if I can try some out.

Broomer, that's a shame. When you've a new one, give me a shout :)

Edited by amanda

I don't know much about whether 20" or 26" is better but I think I'd rather 20". That's the 2nd recommendation for an onza T-pro so I might look into it a bit more. At the moment, I'm riding this so I'm used to 20" and I'm hoping that might give me a bit of an advantage when starting bike trials ? Probably not, but oh well !

Conjon, don't worry ! I wasn't wanting to buy your bike, just was checking to see if I can try some out.

the onza t pro is your best bet

where you situated?

I live in Devon near Cullompton, but I go to Richard Huish College in Taunton, Somerset so I spend most of my time up there. I have a Somerset bus pass, so I'd rather meet people in Somerset than in Devon.

A bit more info about myself:

I'm Amanda, I'm 17. I ride unitrials and am sponsored by Kris Holm unicycles, and unicycle.com UK. At the moment, I'm recovering from an ankle arthroscopy but that's healing up nicely. I'm a girl.

I live in Devon near Cullompton, but I go to Richard Huish College in Taunton, Somerset so I spend most of my time up there. I have a Somerset bus pass, so I'd rather meet people in Somerset than in Devon.

A bit more info about myself:

I'm Amanda, I'm 17. I ride unitrials and am sponsored by Kris Holm unicycles, and unicycle.com UK. At the moment, I'm recovering from an ankle arthroscopy but that's healing up nicely. I'm a girl.

My girlfriend goes huish, what you studying there?

German, French, English Lan and ICT.

I've looked about at Onza T Pro's. £400 ? That's like 3 months wage for me plus I've to fund a Germany trip and a France trip over the next couple of months too so don't think that bikes happening any time soon !

I'm not reali going to be going big, just looking for something that isn't going to break within a month. I'm sure the onza would be best value, but does anyone know of a different , cheaper bike ? or if not, somewhere to get the onza for less than that ?

Hey, I go to huish, in the upper sixth. I've nearly finished building my leeson so will riding again soon, i'll give you a shout when i'm riding (Y)

Hey Will, thats awesome. I should be in upper sixth but college didn't work out for me last year so I'm in first year. Looking forward to hearing from you !

Ok, just bought a new rear wheel and front brake etc, and started prepping my frame to spray it, ide be up for a ride in taunton sometime aswell, you know Ben Moore ?

Ok, just bought a new rear wheel and front brake etc, and started prepping my frame to spray it, ide be up for a ride in taunton sometime aswell, you know Ben Moore ?

I'm free any Sunday in January, except the 20th. Can't do Saturdays because of work. Weekdays, I can be free Wednesday afternoons as long as there are no sport games. But you shouldn't organise a ride around me !

I don't know Ben Moore, sorry.

Thanks for the input Ben. Are Onzas alright then ? I guess so. I'm not a big fan of Tensiles but I'm guessing they won't be on the cheaper bikes anyways.

Edited by amanda

Yo, yeh I know Ben raather well, jus' waiting for a lockring for my bashgaurd atm and a few other things but I'll get in contact, get Ben, Rich and everyone out for a ride soon as (Y)

That video was prettty good :)

The flatlandy stuff was pretty cool and i liked that 180 down the stairs (Y)

I dont think youl have any problems getting to grips with two wheels, you obviously already have a very good sense of balance and im sure the technique should be easily adaptable from unicycle to a proper bike :P