What's A Good Bike For A Beginner ?

amanda

when i first started , i started out with a second hand bike off a local person

it was not that great, but it gave me an idea about trials.

after abit off injoying trials biking thats when i decied to upgrade my bike and get a better ride.

i dont see the point in spending a lot of money at first just ncase you dont like it.

get a second hand bike ... that is my advice :)

Thanks Tom. I pretty much have the balance thing down, it's just strength I lack. I'm such a girl. No muscle at all and I have a weak ankle. I had surgery in late November so it's just now getting 'good' again.

Curly, I think I probably will go for second hand. I'm pretty skint at the moment, but I'm in the process of selling me mountain uni so that should get me a bit of cash. Got a trip to germany in two weeks, but that's almost completely paid for so hopefully I'll have a bike within the next month.

Still want to try other peoples first before spending money ! =]

Amanda

Thanks Tom. I pretty much have the balance thing down, it's just strength I lack. I'm such a girl. No muscle at all and I have a weak ankle. I had surgery in late November so it's just now getting 'good' again.

Curly, I think I probably will go for second hand. I'm pretty skint at the moment, but I'm in the process of selling me mountain uni so that should get me a bit of cash. Got a trip to germany in two weeks, but that's almost completely paid for so hopefully I'll have a bike within the next month.

Still want to try other peoples first before spending money ! =]

Amanda

my bike is sprayed up, ill leave it for the paint to harden for a week or soo, then ill laquer it, leave it for a couple of days, then assemble it, so ill see about getting the taunton lot and a few mates etc, for a ride in taunton, if you want to come along.

Yeah, sounds good. I'd love to come along. I've kinda said in a previous post, but I'm free next Sunday (13th), then the weekend after that I'm in Germany, then I'm free again on Sunday 27th.

Could you posts pics of your bike when it's done ? It sounds like it's gonna look reali cool from what you said on msn yesterday !

Yeah, sounds good. I'd love to come along. I've kinda said in a previous post, but I'm free next Sunday (13th), then the weekend after that I'm in Germany, then I'm free again on Sunday 27th.

Could you posts pics of your bike when it's done ? It sounds like it's gonna look reali cool from what you said on msn yesterday !

me?

I don't know Ben Moore, sorry.

Oh, you will... :P

I reckon we all need to get a decent ride going in Taunton soon(ish) when everyone's got their bikes sorted. Would be cool if you could get up here for a bit of a ride aswell Amanda, I'm sure most people would let you have a go on their bikes and see which type you prefer (although saying that, I can't think of a single 20" in Taunton...)

I'll PM you my MSN if you like and we can work out a ride sometime.

Oh, and the video is freakin' awesome. I couldn't do some of that stuff on a bike, let alone a uni...

(Y)

Rich

Oh, you will... :P

I reckon we all need to get a decent ride going in Taunton soon(ish) when everyone's got their bikes sorted. Would be cool if you could get up here for a bit of a ride aswell Amanda, I'm sure most people would let you have a go on their bikes and see which type you prefer (although saying that, I can't think of a single 20" in Taunton...)

I'll PM you my MSN if you like and we can work out a ride sometime.

(Y)

Rich

Yeah Rich, just what i was thinking, i havnt been out for a ride in months, and need to get back in things, ill try and get a mate from lyme regis to tag along with his t pro,

Taunton Ride

Sound good?

Rich

Can't make it unfortunately. I'm in Germany that weekend, but will come along next time (there will be a next time, right?).

I saw like 3 riders in Taunton earlier in the week and I'm pretty sure one had a 20". One guy had blonde hair and an orange bike I think 26". Any of you guys ?

I'm hoping knowing Ben Moore is gona be a good thing !

Edited by amanda

Can't make it unfortunately. I'm in Germany that weekend, but will come along next time (there will be a next time, right?).

I'm hoping knowing Ben Moore is gona be a good thing !

Knowing Ben Moore is better than a good thing! Yeh, i'll be riding regularly, will let you know :)

Aren't they supposed to brake? :turned:

get an o5ish one and there asaum toones of people on here have had one, there nothing wrong with them the only thing which has gone wrong with mine so far is the back hub which is easy to upgrade and nothing has gone wrong since.

*oh my god a girl* yea you can buy a 05/06 T-pro which is a good bike to begin on! They have dual Maggies and usually can last a fair bit of bashing, its the type of bike you can start riding and then think about upgrading the bits as you go along! I used to have to do trials on a shoestring so i know all the 2nd hand prices, i sold a mint condtion T-pro 05/06 (not too sure) mint condition and had been riden like 3 times for 150quid which would do to get you up and running, Id definatly advise a 20" as there a lot more managable!

Keep an eye out on the classifyed section on here, you get some right bargins pop up now and again!

hi amanda im also from taunton but my bike is in pieces at the moment as broke my rear hub. im in the process of building a new wheel up so should be out riding again next week weather permitting.

you can have a go on my bike if you want aslong as i can give the uni a go lol!

jamie

Sounds like a plan to me Jamie. Add me on msn or send me a PM and I'll send you my number and we can go for a ride.

Will keep an eye out for a cheap deal or something, I get paid on the 31st. Did a fair bit of overtime, but still only a Saturday kid so pay won't be too massive (as in, still less than £300 but beats the £90 I got paid this month...).