Massive Gapping

jonnyyork

Well my biggest is 7ft at best and im not the biggest chap you will ever meet so its just the technique of throwing yourself into the gap.

Gapping is wierd though youalways feel you will never get any better and that there nothing uou can do to get any better, but you will get better over time mate.

Cheers Hendy ^_^

I dont think pinch gapping is any better as theres less room for kick, altoguh its much better inthe wet!

Edited by hendy

I can do just over 7ft static on my mod and 8.5 ft rolling on my stock. Im quite strong but I just practised with 2 pallets in my back garden. I think practise plays a massively important role though. I think if i had better technique and practised more I'd gap further.

Pinch gapping is the key to big gaps.

Once you learn to pinch gap you can really ping off from the edge which will get you futher in turn.

Matt

Too true.

Was playing about on a small drop in town yesterday, and went right on the edge like I would in a drop, then decided to gap to some line..and flew over it!

Got some serious spring!

I can do 3 or 4 foot max... No joke. I suck!

I've been riding for years but don't tend to do much - in fact my biggest move these days is "saddle sit music play"... Anyone heard of it? All you need is lazy legs and an MP3 player :)

Nah, I'm more of a pro at wheel sit food eat. Practiced it today in fact lol. Twice haha, once with lunch and another on my home with some sneaky chips.

Edited by ManxTrialSpaz

Ok then, I think I understand what the pinch gap is now. So not just preloading and giving a huge kick but actually doing the main kick or lurch after the tyre is over the edge slightly and using the power to push away from that edge? It looks as though that is what is happening at 1 min 32?

Thanks to everyones speedy replys offering advise. Much appreciated :)

I agree that its about technique aswell as strength because too of my mates are smaller and weaker than me but have good techniques and are able to sidhop bigger than me aswell lol! but they have been riding a tad longer.

youve bin riding about 3-4 months jammy and matt and james riding 1 year ish and id say mats a bit stronger and has a better technique and james is just a crazy little man .

leon

Well my biggest is 7ft at best and im not the biggest chap you will ever meet so its just the technique of throwing yourself into the gap.

Gapping is wierd though youalways feel you will never get any better and that there nothing uou can do to get any better, but you will get better over time mate.

Cheers Hendy ^_^

I dont think pinch gapping is any better as theres less room for kick, altoguh its much better inthe wet!

hendy is one beast with his gaps , but if you look at his bike and then think how sketchy it is to be doing them gaps with his bike like that .lol

i cant talk though i got a crack in my frame . i think anyway

leon