Easiest Way To Hook

Oak T

go fast hit it hard ......and lean over the front of your bike......longer bikes are the way to get larger hooks .but a shorter bike makes it easier to bunny hop hook

dave

i have seen this guy hook...he knows his stuff and if i could do it i would help.

this guy helped me learn alot...including laughting so so hard i cry...lol (Y)

Best bet is to start off on something that isn't entirely vertical. Maybe you could set a few pallets up and give it a go on that for a while.

The length and set up of your bike wont make much differance at all to how easy/hard the move feels as it is all down to technique.

The best thing to do is to hit it hard with both wheels at the same time and as your wheel hooks over the top, transfer your weight up and forwards as much as you can. You wont get this strait away as its quite a hard move to master. (even the top riders dont always get it right).

Ideally you want your front wheel to barely get on top of the wall and as close to the coner of the wall as possible. This will help you avoid hitting your feet and/or cranks on the face of the wall.

Practice this and gradually steepen the angle when you progress. Good practise brings its rewards and eventually you will be going up higher walls with vertical inclines.

Watch videos featuring Neil Tunnicliffe and Damon Watson; their techniques are spot on.

Good luck.

Max...

Best bet is to start off on something that isn't entirely vertical. Maybe you could set a few pallets up and give it a go on that for a while.

The length and set up of your bike wont make much differance at all to how easy/hard the move feels as it is all down to technique.

The best thing to do is to hit it hard with both wheels at the same time and as your wheel hooks over the top, transfer your weight up and forwards as much as you can. You wont get this strait away as its quite a hard move to master. (even the top riders dont always get it right).

Ideally you want your front wheel to barely get on top of the wall and as close to the coner of the wall as possible. This will help you avoid hitting your feet and/or cranks on the face of the wall.

Practice this and gradually steepen the angle when you progress. Good practise brings its rewards and eventually you will be going up higher walls with vertical inclines.

Watch videos featuring Neil Tunnicliffe and Damon Watson; their techniques are spot on.

Good luck.

Max...

spot on. remember, twat it

HAHA .Lmfao at stue......i cant help it if i make people laugh so much they cry lol

but yeah ash kennard taught me to hook....his words were (Dave bled just twat it hard bruva )

lol

yep max u also make sence with the front wheel just on the wall as i smack my toes all the time :( i have to go at a slight angle to stop my feet from all the twatage

Edited by mrkoxx