Been A While

Jolfa

Well just thought I'd say hello.. Again :huh:

My name is Rich, I used to frequent this forum as GiAnT, then as NoRcO, If anyone can remember me (which I very much doubt) I was a real little arsey b*stard! For which I now sincerly apologise!

This was many years ago (6) when I quit trials due to breaking my face on a wall trying to tap my front wheel to hop up >_< and a general loss of interest when I passed my driving test.. I since took up smoking, drinking and eating copius quantities of cheese, so something has to be done!

Sooo, over the last couple of months I've been building the bike I always dreamt of back in the day - a full 2001/02 Martin Hawyes Giant replica with a few subtle personal touches, it's just about done just need a few finishing touches which I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help with once/if I get validated :) and it'll be nice to get back in touch with modern day trials at the same time ^_^

Anyway, enough babbling, I'll get some pics up of my bike soon as so you can all have a giggle at the sheer retro-ness of it B)

So... Hello!

Edited by hellomynameisroger

how did they repair your face?look forward to the photos (Y)

Well, I used to pull a concentrating face, where I sucked my top lip (if you'd all like to do that now :P ) so when I went over my bars and smacked my chin I bit through my top lip, bit one of my front teeth in half and knocked the other so far back it was touching the roof of my mouth!!! :o

After they stitched my lip up, they had to just use brute force to pull the whole one back into place and held them all together with a temporary brace, then once they were straight-ish took the nerves out of them (they had turned grey/black by this time) and rebuilt the broken one

Needless to say I've never had any confidence whatsoever since :(

As for my Norco, that's still the height of technology as far as I'm concerned, :lol: but I never did like the frame, geometry is aaalllll wrong for trials, hence the Giant :)

Most of the stuff I've been watching in recent (within the last 3 years recent haha) vids is amazing! :o

Edited by hellomynameisroger

Hello and welcome back, your first post sounds a lot like me started smoking/drinking and genarally lost interest, but i only quit for about two years and am finding the fitness thing hard to get back!

Nearly forgot, dont know how many people this will affect but my hands are absolutely ruind with riding trials again blisters etc, anyone else found this?

Hello and welcome back, your first post sounds a lot like me started smoking/drinking and genarally lost interest, but i only quit for about two years and am finding the fitness thing hard to get back!

Nearly forgot, dont know how many people this will affect but my hands are absolutely ruind with riding trials again blisters etc, anyone else found this?

How long have you been riding again for? I can't imagine I'm going to be anywhere near as fit as I was again in a hurry!!

Ha, My hands always used to be knackered, got that to look forward to :P