Cagiva Mito

Pashley26

My Boss just passed his 33 bhp bike test ans baught a Cagiva mito......

How can i de restrict it for him ? It's already had the Exhaust done, are there any more ? It only pulls to 90mph at the moment....Wich is pretty slow for one of them !

Any help would be great !

Jarrod

The most common things are.

The washer in the exaust pipe.

The main jet could be smaller to restrict fuel flow.

I don't know what Cagivas are like, but I would imagine that this is all you need to do.

Why didn't he get a real bike though?

Why has your boss bought such a puny bike?

Why didn't he get a real bike though?

Obviously not aware of how the bike tests work.......He's restricted to 125cc until he can do his Full bike test, And Cagiva mito's are fast as you like.....

I've done the Exhaust, just trying to find out if there is an Inlet restriction too before i take the engine apart ?

Jarrod

Edited by Pashley26

If it's the 6 speed Evo2 (99+ model)

will need the chamber hacking off the side of the exhaust and a plate welding over it

Some say you need to change the snorkels on the airbox lid to bigger ones and then up the jetting from 100 or 110 to 120 for the main, and from 55 to 65 on the idle jets

You also get different sprocket's in the kit but they aren't needed, and I found 13:38 to be the best setup for when you come to replace them.

If it's an older 7 speed bike then it should just be the exhaust that needs doing.

hope that helps Danny

Obviously not aware of how the bike tests work.......He's restricted to 125cc until he can do his Full bike test, And Cagiva mito's are fast as you like.....

Ah, didnt realise he hadnt done his full test. Why not just do the full test assuming hes over 21?

If it's the 6 speed Evo2 (99+ model)

will need the chamber hacking off the side of the exhaust and a plate welding over it

Some say you need to change the snorkels on the airbox lid to bigger ones and then up the jetting from 100 or 110 to 120 for the main, and from 55 to 65 on the idle jets

You also get different sprocket's in the kit but they aren't needed, and I found 13:38 to be the best setup for when you come to replace them.

If it's an older 7 speed bike then it should just be the exhaust that needs doing.

hope that helps Danny

Thanks mate (Y) It's the 6 speed one, Ordered up the Jets and did the Exhaust today (Y) Think we might have been looking on the same website ?

Ah, didnt realise he hadnt done his full test. Why not just do the full test assuming hes over 21?

Without going to London (a bit of a trek !) he can't book a Full test for another 3 months because it HAS to be on a Saturday :(

Thanks guys !

Jarrod

Edited by Pashley26

If its anything like the RS125, you will need a Powervalve blade (sits near the exhaust port), Powervalve Solenoid (controls the blade) and a derestricted CDI. after that you will need exhausts etc, go on www.125ccsportsbikes.co.uk and have a look, theres a stickied thread in the Mito section about derestriction. :)

Cool !

Everything apart from the Reed Valve's been done.

I saw one on Ebay earlier but i didn't realise what it was !

I took the tube off the exhaust and welded a plate over it, it's already got an Arrow expansion pipe and can on it.

I've ordered - New Jets and a power chamber (holds excess fuel then injects it at ridiculous speeds) and a set of Iridium plugs.

I took it round the block after i did the exhaust and it's bloody fast !

Jarrod