Illegal Downloading

Si-man

At my College, when you connect via wireless, they're SO strict on downloading.

Basically. I had limewire running on my laptop, had just put the laptop into standby. When I booted up, it loaded.

Within 5 mins, a tec guy came rushing through the door and said "who ever is using Limewire right now, stop it, or I'm gonna throw you through the window!"

So, downloading at college is still a no. Exchanging though (Y)

Just something to read about others opinions on the "proposed law"

Link

oh and i dont know if im allowed to link to that site above, but i dont think it actually has any torrents you can download on there, it just affiliates with other torrent sites....

Edited by Bondy

Wooo 3 strikes!! f**king hell don't push it!

I heard on the radio it will be:

1. You get a strongly worded email.
  2. You get a short suspension.
  3. You get banned.

I think I would stop after the email, but even if you go upto the ban, all this would do is encourage me to download stuff, being suspended from the internet is barely a slap on the wrist.

And then what, a criminal record maybe? That's all I would give a shit about.

Am I the only person who doesn't check their email? :giggle:

Edited by Boswell

Am I the only person who doesn't check their email? :giggle:

No, I never use it. Plus NTL doesn't even have a correct address for me... I saw some ISP that were warning people through their browser window. They put a bar at the top of the web page with a message. Quite clever.

There is the ISP exclusion thingy..... that ISP's shouldn't have that responsibility. Something tells me they're not gonna give that up too quickly. Cause that would be a shedload of work. Think about it, monitoring everyone, on every site connected through their network? Cause sure they could block the well known ones, but these sites go up as quickly as they come down, they just need to be spotted..... so they're watching for torrents. That's a lot of work in itself. Now, imo, they will in their f**k bring that on their ass. However, there are companies in the states that do bottlekneck specifically on bittorrent traffic, be it legal or otherwise. They just narrow your connection right down. That might well be a concern.

Honestly though, i mean, sure filesharing has hurt the music industry (how badly is subject to debate), and the movie industry are getting real pissy about it too, but it's fair game. Who hear remembers this old campaign that ran back in the day?

post-16342-1203202974.png

And Pirating hasn't really hurt the big guns, it's only hurt the little ones. I'd put even odds on the fact that the heads of SonyBMG and Universal haven't seen a decrease in their income. I mean, if you really love an album or a movie and you have the cash, chances are kinda high you'll pay for it. Throttling people isn't gonna solve the problem.