Moto Trials

dec

i was looking at some vids of gas gas and i want to give it a try

has anyone any adive on the bikes to get not too expensive but i want a decnent one

and if anyone out there does moto trials or gas gas depending on what you want to call it can you give me some advice on bikes and where i can ride and meet people

cheers dec

Edited by dec

Go into any good newsagents and pick up a copy of "Trials and Motocross News". Flick to the back and have a look at the second hand trials bikes for sale. That is your best bet for finding a good starter bike. Also phone up some of th trials shops that advertise in ther,e as most of them keep a stock off second hand and new bikes to sell.

Don't get a modern bike, they cost the earth.

What you need is a Yamaha TY250, I have had two, they are really simple to work on, cheap, and they never break down.

I paid £625 for mine, it's still going strong, and I can out-wheelie any of my mate's on there modern flashy things.

Get your self a Sherco 125!. f**kin real machine!!

They are girls bikes! I rode a GasGas TXT200 Pro, and that felt weedy and underpowered to me.

My mate's GasGas 280 is pretty good, lot's of nice, smooth power.

Don't get a modern bike, they cost the earth.

What you need is a Yamaha TY250, I have had two, they are really simple to work on, cheap, and they never break down.

I paid £625 for mine, it's still going strong, and I can out-wheelie any of my mate's on there modern flashy things.

They are girls bikes! I rode a GasGas TXT200 Pro, and that felt weedy and underpowered to me.

My mate's GasGas 280 is pretty good, lot's of nice, smooth power.

My dads got a 250 sherco ... and my 125 feels like it has just as much power if not more than the 250 i tell you now, you don't wonna give it much gas all at once or it will be off with you!, also it handles so nice... you just get on it and you know instantly what its capable of, it just wants to ride over everything!, only thing stopping it is your bottle!

Edited by crazy_gap girl

My dads got a 250 sherco ... and my 125 feels like it has just as much power if not more than the 250 i tell you now, you don't wonna give it much gas all at once or it will be off with you!, also it handles so nice... you just get on it and you know instantly what its capable of, it just wants to ride over everything!, only thing stopping it is your bottle!

i have to admit, if your coming from a pushbike trials background, a 125 is a stupid good idea for a first bike, theres only a couple of kgs difference between that and the 250, but its instantly noticeable to someone used to a sub 10kg bike when trying to balance on it, or edgin the front or back end round. however if your moving into mototrials as your ride motocross and trials, and think itd be need to try the 2, then a 200 or a 250 would probably be more sensible, as youll be used to some massive bike you cant just lift the front end round etc/