Magura Marta

grant wildman

It's great for front, very happy and no complaint's

Not sure if it would hold on damon-watson-style-deadstop gaps to front though, but otherwise it's perfect.

Had a rear one aswell on my monty 221PR, and it was decent, but really not enough for rail stuff or natural.

My mate Mark had one on his dirt/street bike, felt very very flexy/spongy! - that could of been the though (but don't think it was)

*could of been the bleed

that was because he split the cable the tinest bit and air got in there.

If you don't mind me asking, HOW is that possible?

was an xtp frame and it cracked along 2cm or something down from the head tubing bit

the brake caused a vibration throught the frame all the time that it caused it to go.

We found the crack becuase we thought the headset was loose lol

mine was ok, my origional 160mm one from 2004 was the best I had, more recent ones with 180mm disks and even shimano xt levers wern't all that great. Plus the leverblades begine to wobble after a few rides.

Yeah I've got your one with the xt lever 180mm now. You sold it to a mate and I got it off him. I'm preety sure you gave the wrong mounts as 180mm disk wasn't compatible atall.

Anyway got the marta on my Toxsin, has good modulation and preety good hold however not the very best. The lever blade does wobble but remember the likelyhood is yours wont come with a xt lever.

My advice, chuck them on and have a go! Make sure you wear them in.

Phil

it shouldnt have needed any mounts as it was a 180mm IS caliper, you sure he has a 180 disk?

Yeah definetly has a 180 which was too large. At first when it didn't fit went to the local bikeshop and tried a 160, only about 1/4 of the pad was on the disk. So just went with a random 170 disk which is doing the job and holds to front etc.

Phil

awsome , well im liking the feedback so far .

i quite like the brakes as they are light as fook and look pimp!

just think i may find the rear to lack the power im after, but im going to give it a go , will be running 180 rotos frant and rear with ebc red pas me thinks, they wont last too long but will offer the best braking power!

well lets hope so!

sell them to some xc riders and get a pair of mono trial. you know its right.

steve

hay steve ive got a set of magura marta discs for sale if your interested? ;)