Back Wheel

Scott Norman

• 3 weeks later...

V!Z...Oh dear. These rims love the dent...I think it's in there Nature to be honest. Never ran the hubs, But not heard good things.

Go for something of the stronger range. Echo 2007 Rim on a Zoo Hub for example.

It may/May not be more expensive...But in the long run...You will be benefiting.

I wasn't a fan of my Viz rim. To be honest i wouldn't even consider one again even if they updated. I prefer the Alex/ Tryall side of things. Hub wise, Viz are alright. Alright meaning my front one has good bearings, yet the rear 135mm SS Fixed has lower quality bearings. Work that one out?

Though i'd probably buy the Onza mod hub over the Viz mod hub due to the similarity and cheaper price. Bearing wise i'm not sure what they use? The Echo mod hubs for 08 seem of higher quality this year as well. But my 07 has been great so far. The splined cog idea should be used by all companies.

'Andrew92' has had one for about a month so far (no grinds) and it seems pretty solid - touch wood. Also Ozzy runs a rear Viz hub and that's been fine.

Although I highly recomend my Echo 07 rim + hub combo! It's a little heavy, but its never buckled, and it holds a grind for ages! (had mine for 5months so far, and it's still on its first grind (Y))

Edited by cai