New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!

Smoby

Well,

I'm Chris. Will be 16 in march, the 15th to be presice. ^_^

I've been riding properly for over a year now, Started of on a stock Gary Fisher Mullet, over this year I've fully customised it to an all round freeride hardtail. I've been riding mainly street and dirt jumps, though i spend quite some time on the 4X track and of course Downhill.

Basically i fell in love with downhill after a day up at Innerliethen, and have been looking for a downhill bike since. A good few months I'd say... Though it has come to me that i will never be able to pay for a downhill bike untill i get another job.

Although... The last month or so while riding street, i find myself locking my forks down and riding trials, (As you could imagine, trials riding on a pretty much downhll hardtail isn't that easy, especially if your a beginner, Like me :rolleyes: ) So i've found myself in love with trials riding. Which unfortunatly left me with the decision of choosing between my two loves, Downhill and trials.

But after many many nights tearing hair out of my head trying to decide, and more pro's and con's tables later :P ... It came down to the simple fact that if i got myself a trials bike, i would be able to start of trials riding, but i will also have my other hardtail which i can use for pretty much anything.

So, thats how i've ended up here, another trials rider is born. ^_^

Right, I would class myself as relitivly clued up on anything to do with mountian bikes, but trials bikes... well... Pretty much nothing. So for me this is a new begining, i feel like i did last november when i first joined Southerndownhill (Some of you may reconise the name). Knew absolutly nothing about nothing to be honest. And it's the same now. :(

Just to give you all a heads up that i will most likely be asking alot of questions, and to you it may just be common knowlage, but i don't mean to ask plain dumb questions, I just need to learn, If thats alright with you guys. And girls of course, im guessing :).

So, After that little essay of mine...

I ride in a town called Alnwick most of the time, this is not far away from Newcastle if some of you don't know of Alnwick. And I live roughly 10mile away.

Almost every day you will find me biking that 10 mile to Alnwick, so for a guy to ride 20 miles just to meet up with his mates and ride his bike for a while, must show some sort of dedication to biking surely :)

As for my trials bike, well... For christmas i'm hopefully picking up this little beauty:

pbpic2780310.jpg

2009 Onza Comp, im sure all of you will be familiar with this. What do you think of her ? Top of the range for this year so i'm hoping it will be decent ( Thats possibly a terrible understatment :rolleyes: )

I'll bring this long winded introduction to an end now, Thank you and I'll look forward to settling in here :)

Chris.

im stu pow.....been riding a bike when a lot of u were in nappies.....2nd year of trials loving it all and 90%of the people i ride with...i make videos most on vimeo under ytfn.. or www.ytfn.co.uk.....i have a choice of 2 bikes a koxx kenny beleay or a koxx kenny beleay....dont as i just have 2 of um.....probaly rode with most of u at some point...........if not then im sure i will soon....any fing else u wana no ask me ........

Hey all,

Im Cameron, based in California, semi-new to trials, age 20.

I was into in during my highschool years, then fell out of it until now. I have a new job at a local bike shop and im looking to get back into it.

I have yet to purchase a bike and im looking for a frame that is seated and with 26" wheels, from there im planning on using a short travel fork (call it 70mm of travel or less) and dropping a 3-5 speed on the back (if you have any frame suggestions/ideas please feel free to PM me)

Chris., I saw that you've been using a GF Mullet, I was looking at that frame for use as this "hybrid" that im attempting to build, good to hear some one has found the frames to be strong.

Chris., I saw that you've been using a GF Mullet, I was looking at that frame for use as this "hybrid" that im attempting to build, good to hear some one has found the frames to be strong.

Hello Cameron,

Yeah I've always found my Mullet to be stong enough for anything really. From the 20 Mile I have to ride nion every night i go riding, to uplift days at innerliethen. From casual street, to hucking stair gaps and huge flat land drops.

She does it all, brilliant all round frame. :)

Chris.

Hello everyone,

Just to introduce myself:

My name is Luke and I ride a Czar mod. I first rode like 7 years ago when some of the tricks and moves used are out of date now and not used. I always have ridden 20" bikes ranging from Monty x-hydra, Onza t-mag. My fav was a monty wich had triple clamp rigid forks! that was a realy cool bike but i never knew what it was called?? anyway... so i had a gap of like 3 years cuz i stopped one winter cuz i was young and vulnerable lol.

I love it now though and would never think about stoppin again. i ride alot with my local boys who are pure inspiration, these include. Tom M, Nathan R, Dan J, Joe (postman) and loads of others (sorry if i didnt name you) but the point is riding with these guys has helped me no end!

anyway I think im going on too much, hope to meet alot of u soon and to ride!

luke x

Hi , I'm Serj, friends call me "Fish" , I'm 24, I ride trial since 1999 and I'm from Romania .

I ride street , hand made sections , comps and naturals , I enjoy all of them and i try to find new places/riders all the time.

Hmmm... don't know what else to say about me , if there are questions to ask , I'll be glad to answer :D

Best regards!

Serj

Hi All

Newbie here been riding for about 2 years really but only realised you could do more impressive things about 3 months ago :- .

Great forum read quite a bit also using trash Zen to try and learn what to do great site ( which is how i found this forum).

Cheers

Ben

Edited by smotobob

Hi guys,

I'm Marcus from Berlin, Germany. Riding for almost 2 years now.

Maybe some of you know the Hannes Hermmann-Monty/Northwave Video, i'm the editor/filmer guy.

i work as an editor for a small company. mainly i do dvd menues/animations.

in my privatetime i'm try to get into 3D in reallife-footage things. A litte 3d experiment you will see in my next vid of marko berthold- a very good german rider.

my bike is an ECHO Pure 08 short.

i think thats enough, sorry for mistakes, but my english isn't that good.

greets

Marcus

Edited by Icke84

Hi all i may aswell come say hi as im spending allot of time on here now.

names Roger 25 almost 26 from Bristol

curentley riding a old skool Hoffman flash bmx race bike and a Mankind asadi for park also have a Felt q620 riged lighetweight single speed for xc and commuting.

I work as a full time sales assistant for Pembury cycles in Bristol,recentley taken delivery of my baby girl faith who is now almost 3 months old

as for trials i used to ride a schwinn superstock bmx with a 44t dinnerplate,front and rear vees and a rear mech for chain slack,After that being sold iv been trial less for a few years but hav started picking up bits here and there and will hopefully have a bike built to play and progress on.

hope to help and be helped allong the way B)

p.s build so far looks as...

front wheel-hope xc hub/alex dx32 drilled and ground

rear rim try-all(i think) already ground

front - bb7 disc

rear - avid ultimate vee

stolen liner cables x2

avid speed dial levers

stolen money grips

possibly taking delivery of a koxx level boss on payday and striping it back to raw/clearcoat

so keep and eye out for me once i reach the wanted/for sale section lol

Edited by faith

hey

im matt iv been ridin for about 8 years now i was on the sunny coast in queensland but now iv moved to brisbane anyone wantin to come ride should give me a shout always super keen for new riders

how long does it take to get validated does anyone know ???

Hi, i'm ian, and i'm canadian...

Im mostly a mountain biker, but would love to get into the sport. i spend a lot of time outdoors, sailing, skiing, wakeboarding, (any other watersports, ect...) biking, soccer, golfing, all that good stuff.

I live in windsor, ontario. (you, there is a windsor in canada too). I hate it when people think just beause were canadian we put eh after every third word (well i can't speak for those westerners).

anyway, I am open to any tips from anyone at anytime, i definitly need some help.

Hey im andy :P

i ride an ashton justice :P but hopefully getting a new front wheel with a hope pro 2 n echo rims on :)

not sure how to get upgraded but ...:P

I live in darlington and theres some good rider down here not to mention the bikes they ride.

Thanks

Andy

Hey im from Middlesbrough which is near enough on the train. Maybe we could meet up like in a few month when i get good :P. Any videos of the riders near you?

Edited by Mikey Tomo

been here a while but il introduce myself anyway.

Im connor, Im 16, Been riding for nearly 2 years, I now ride a pitbull and have recently moved from mod to stock, I live in a small town called thatcham which isnt very good for riding but a 20 minute train journey is reading which is brilliant for riding.

Hello im Jack, 13 years old from Rotherham,

I currently don't own a trials bike but hope too soon. Ive bin biking for around 6 years starting with BMX and then mountain biking up untill now but after seeing some youtube videos i hope to get into trials. Ive been riding a 26" hardtail mountainbike for the last year and got better and now hope to put my new learnt tricks into trials :) hope to see you all on the forums soon!