New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!

Smoby

hi im new . Lol . Hi my names jack and im 15 been trialsing since about age of ten but only just wanted to get into it more this year or so . Im a self confessed trials addict. I was going to say they should do rehab for trials addicts but that would be silly . Why on earth would i want to quit trials. Trials is'nt really a hobby of mine its more of a lifestyle. But anyhow . I live in denholme which has some tremendous spots to ride . And when i improve the spots will too . I started of trials after my friend got a trials bike a 2001 onza t-pro then after waiting a while to get a bike of my own i finaly got my hands on a base bike t-19 . Will never forget that bike . And then leading up to this day i have an onza t-pro 2004 and always aspiring to buy new bits and bobs for it .

Morning all.

I'm Harry—18 year old web developer from Leeds. My biking history goes something like: rode on/off for a year, stopped for a year and a bit, started again two weeks ago. I'm pretty useless all told, especially compared to some of the riders I've seen here (been poking around the forum for a week or so now).

As I said, I'm a web developer so a bit of a professional geek and trials is definitely more a spare time thing than a lifestyle for me, which is probably what restricted my progress. I'm looking to basically learn how to progress, hopefully without having to share any pics* ;)

Me and a friend are really wanting to get back into riding but don't really know any spots. What we're after I suppose is somewhere around Leeds (maybe 30 mins drive from centre) where it will be quiet but a decent ride so we can just get stuff done at our own pace, rather than ride with a load of super awesome guys who would just **** on us haha. If anyone can recommend any rides that fit the bill I'd be really grateful!

*there are pics of me riding on the internet (well riding rocks and stuff on the internet, I wasn't riding on the internet, that's just silly) but I'm reluctant to share them haha.

God what a boring intro. I'm Harry, I'm re-new to trials and like to talk a lot.

Hi all

I'm Gill (old @ 43) i ride a 20" Mod Team Echo trials bike, but cant do much on it yet, i used to ride and race a bmx in my youth, and when i saw a mod bike i thought i gotta have one of those, please don't make fun of me i know i'm old, and yes i'm female too LOL

all the best to everyone :-)

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/ba...69/ABCD0004.jpg

Edited by sikoknights

Hi all

Im 28 guy, from Australia, living in London.

Im new to Trials but have been riding mountain bikes since I was younger.

Im right into my XC. Ive got a mad setup on my Marin Mount Vision. Im really past that bikes limits for tricks though.

Can one handed wheelie, manual, wheelie down stair cases etc etc but really want to get into tricks now.

Im looking to buy my first trials bike.

I dont want a pure-bred trials bike though. I want a small seat, gears and possibly front shocks (like Ryan Leech and that style of riding on youtube)

What would everyone recommend? I can get a 2year old Onza Woodstock, with very little use, for £250

Do you think it would be a good bike to buy?

We dont have a lot of trials back in Aus and im heading back shortly. I want to buy a bike to take back with me.

If anyone has any suggestions from experience, im all ears!

Hi all

Im 28 guy, from Australia, living in London.

Im new to Trials but have been riding mountain bikes since I was younger.

Im right into my XC. Ive got a mad setup on my Marin Mount Vision. Im really past that bikes limits for tricks though.

Can one handed wheelie, manual, wheelie down stair cases etc etc but really want to get into tricks now.

Im looking to buy my first trials bike.

I dont want a pure-bred trials bike though. I want a small seat, gears and possibly front shocks (like Ryan Leech and that style of riding on youtube)

What would everyone recommend? I can get a 2year old Onza Woodstock, with very little use, for £250

Do you think it would be a good bike to buy?

We dont have a lot of trials back in Aus and im heading back shortly. I want to buy a bike to take back with me.

If anyone has any suggestions from experience, im all ears!

Sorry. I think I shouldve said that I want to get into Street/Urban. Not into massive rock jumping/climbing trials style, but like to do tricks, manuals, jumping onto tables etc.

Let me know what you think !

Cheers

:)

hello everybody, im andrew from the northwest - i ride an onza mod (when its got a back wheel in it ) im into street as im from a bmx background - in my spare time i enjoy cycling motorbikes music and dogs

Hi , Im Dan Bingley and live in Carlisle and im 14 years old, I ride an Onza Blade 09 and I have been riding since Christmas 2008. My favourite place for riding is probably Carlisle as for there is something for every ability. My bike rides a treat, heres my spec : Adamant handlebars, Tryall stem, Monty forks, Rear hs33 front Maggie louise, Rear echo wheel, Trialtech front wheel (Ordering soon), Onza cranks/bash, and Onza hognesium pedals. My other Hobbies are Motortrials biking and Skiing, I also enjoy abit of Snowboarding. My favourite riders are Danny Mac and Damon Watson. I like having big rides as for it helps me improve alot as I learned to sidehop (the right way) in 1 week and also learned to front wheel gap.

Thats just about it......

Thanks alot

Dan :D

Hello,

I've been riding for a few years now, but started properly in September with my first proper bike, starting dirt jumping.

i bought my first trials bike 3 weeks ago and loving it.

hope to see you around soon

cheers

Ali

Hi all, my names Ben and I have been riding for about 6 years now doing mainly street/park riding with my ddg shooter (which now sadly is at the end of its life :( ). I also play football and a lot of xbox :).

I'm in the process of deciding what to buy for my first trials bike, Thinking about an 09 Onza Bird if anyone has any ideas/comments about it?

Thats about it for me

Thanks

Ben

hey i'm rich and i'm a member of University of Sheffield Cycling Club. I ride XC and downhill, but i'm looking to improve on my technique, where trials definately helps! I'm building up a GT Hans' No Way' Rey Zaskar Trials frame (as seen on www.hansrey.com and then clicking on 'bikes'). It's a stock frame with dual trials/ 4x geometry and it is extremely stiff and light. If anyone has one, let me know, would be nice to see a pic of a full build!

I'm currently in the process of finding some forks, but i can't decide if i'd rather put on some suspension or rigids. I'm finding it tricky to find the right components, such as decent annealed 4130 rigids, wheels, etc but it's slowly getting done.

rich

I´m Marcus and I'm new to trials. I had a Raleigh burner when I was a kid but know that doesn't count. I've been in to XC mountain biking the last 10 plus years but recently I had to interview some trials guys near Barcelona and I think the bug might be growing in me again!

Edited by marcusbike

Hi i am Jake. I ride a monty 219 magura. I ride with a few other lads silsden at week nights and at the weekend we go aroun yorkshire. I have been riding for about ten months now. My other hob ys are football,golf and of corse trialing.

Hi there,

My name is Asaf, 36 years old from Israel. riding mountain bike since 96....love riding in our deserts, long technical single tracks. competed in the past in XC, Dual slalom, Super-D and mini DH races.

also got kinda side career as a journalist in Mountain Bike Action Israel and in a new Israeli portal where I test bikes and equipment:

e.g. watch me on this video testing 661 body armor (although its in Hebrew, don't miss it !)

I was always amazed from the trials riders and recently I've decided to go for it and planning to buy soon a second hand new-school factory rig and start to practice

I an an economist in my education and occupation, got two young daughters (3 and 5) and that about it for now...

cheers,

Asaf

Edited by Ayuli

Hello everyone I am back. I had just gotten finally verified and now my account wont let me log in anymore. My username was Swerven. I had to take time off the site for school and work so I guess I got kicked for inactivity??

I am just beginning to ride trials. I used to ride XC but it just got boring so I have built up a sweet(IMO but know lots of you pureists will hate her ) TRials/street bike. Once I get verified again Ill post some pics.

I cant wait to get to know you guys and learn from you. Hopefully I can pass some things on to people down the line. I am 26 and just getting started. I realize Im an old man but I look forward to the challenge.

BTW that new Danny Macaskill video was amazing!!

If any mods wanna lok to see why my account has been blocked Id appreciate it. blocked account username is Swerven

Hello quick_spider,

I had made posts about a Manifesto build and had several responses. I dont understand why this does not show up. The only thing I can think of is maybe inactivity?? I just found a link of where I had made posts. I hope this helps and u re-validate my Swervin account. If you check the link below you will see that I had in fact been posting. Thanks for your quick replies.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....=manifesto+2008

Edited by I suck

Sorry for that quick_spider Its just I havent logged in for a while and just mispelled my name sorry :) I got a new computer so I am unsure which email address is attached to this account because when I first registered I was trying through the Firefox browser and it never seemed to work. I may have had to set up a dummy email account and use Internet Explorer to finally get this site to work.

Could you post the email address I have linked with my Swervin account and Ill rest things on my end? If not Ill just wait out the validation process again :)

Thanks for the help

Sorry for that quick_spider Its just I havent logged in for a while and just mispelled my name sorry :) I got a new computer so I am unsure which email address is attached to this account because when I first registered I was trying through the Firefox browser and it never seemed to work. I may have had to set up a dummy email account and use Internet Explorer to finally get this site to work.

Could you post the email address I have linked with my Swervin account and Ill rest things on my end? If not Ill just wait out the validation process again :)

Thanks for the help

I have gotten the account back open again. Sorry for the disturbance and thanks for the quick help.