New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!

Smoby

Hello,

I'm Craig. I don't know how this is going to do but there seems to be lots of "Hi I'm new" thread's around here.

I think that we should have one big thread for it... So here it is. The "introduce yourself" Thread.

It's simple. If you're new then come here and say hi, introduce yourself to everybody... I'm sure everybody will be happy to see you here. It just saves space from having to make more and more threads about the same thing every other day for the older members just to say, "Hey welcome to the forum." It kinder gets boring!

It's simple and easy to do, e.g.

Hey I'm Craig, I'm new to the forum and I ride a Monty 221 PR.

I've been doing Trials for about 16 months and I love it. I ride round Medway as that is where I live. I tend to go round Rainham area to ride my bike.

My other Hobbies are;

Football, Swimming, Golf, Fishing, Ice skating, Cricket and loads of other things I can't be bothered to say :P.

Thanks Craig.

That's all you need to do.

Have you noticed...?

No spelling mistakes,

Good use of punctuation,

Good grammar,

No swearing

And followed these rules:

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....p;f=13&id=3

It's simple as that. So instead of all you new members making new threads then post it all in one Thread. It's so much easier!

Thanks Craig :).

hi im Aron, i have only been riding a few weeks, i live in kent and ride a 26" echo pure just signed up to this

site to meet people and learn how to ride thanks.

S'up guys, I'm from the teesside area (middlesbrough).

Have been out of the loop for quite some time, i used to ride mod when i was younger and took a 5 year break, I've just picked up a Mission Reefa(?) from a mate as a project to tidy up and get back in working condition, i thought now would be a good time to join an active comunity for help and advice, and hopefully i can give something back in return.

Hi I'm Ben from Oxford. I'm pretty new to trials and havent got a purpose-built bike yet (N)

just been trying some minor trials stuff on a mountain bike for a while an hoping i get somewhere with it :P

Edited by PeAk

Hi I'm Ben from Oxford. I'm pretty new to trials and havent got a purpose-built bike yet (N)

just been trying some minor trials stuff on a mountain bike for a while an hoping i get somewhere with it :P

s'up

Before i discovered what trials was, many moons ago. We used to ride our mountain bikes here and there, but we're more interested in what would could wheelie off, or do an endo onto.

The first time we managed to get up on an endo, and swing the back wheel around and touch down then ride away was more a less a turning point, i ditched the mountain bike and picked up a cheap onza tbird (iirc).

Everyone starts somewhere mate, if you've pretty much got a nack for how a bike works, stopping and starting, you're practically ready to move onto new stuff with your new bike

Edited by slink

Hurray!!! Been trying to get registered since yesterday afternoon and finally got the validation to work!!

Anyway enough of that, hi all, I'm Dave and I'm from Chapel in Derbyshire.

Been out of trials for a long time now, started back in 1999 on an unbranded frame built up on the cheap (was only 16 and at school!), moved to a Specialized Rockhopper which I must admit was perfect for the job, until I snapped the downtube one day, so I ended up buying a Heavy Tools Trials frame (bout 19 by now) and building that up. Sadly when things started to break and I couldn't afford to fix it got hung in the garage and has been there ever since, until now.

Got a new job recently which means spare cash so getting the old girl rebuilt, should hopefully be done by New Year as looking at Christmas to supply some of the bigger things like wheels so will be back out and about really soon all being well!

Look forward to possibly meeting a few of you and having a laugh on the forum!

greetings fellow trials fanatics, My name is Iain Powney and I am currently 30 years young.

I have been riding trials in some form or other for 13 years now and I think that is time well spent.

I am sorry to all of you who know me for not signing on any sooner but, I dont really have much time

spare to keep in touch.I will try to make an effort though,

cheers Iain

Hi I'm Tracy,

I have joined this trials forum on behalf of my son William, who has caught the trials bug from his cousin. He would like a bike for Christmas and this site looks very informative, i don't know a lot about this sport so i thought i should do a bit of research as to which bike is going to be best for him, William is 5ft tall and very keen (he has taken the seat off his normal bike and is leaping off anything he can find!!) ( :unsure: one worried mummy!) would be grateful of some helpful advise to start us off, he has talked about a onza pro, his cousin has a onza bird but he wants to upgrade it for something lighter. thanks Tracy

Hi I'm Tracy,

I have joined this trials forum on behalf of my son William, who has caught the trials bug from his cousin. He would like a bike for Christmas and this site looks very informative, i don't know a lot about this sport so i thought i should do a bit of research as to which bike is going to be best for him, William is 5ft tall and very keen (he has taken the seat off his normal bike and is leaping off anything he can find!!) ( :unsure: one worried mummy!) would be grateful of some helpful advise to start us off, he has talked about a onza pro, his cousin has a onza bird but he wants to upgrade it for something lighter. thanks Tracy

Hey Tracy, good luck with the search! I hope he loves his bike come Christmas!!

Hi I'm Tracy,

Hi Tracey and welcome to the forum . There are many topics on what bike suits the rider on here so you could use the search fuction to help. One thing i would say though if your son has always riden bmx or 20" wheel size (MOD) stick with this as these bikes are easier to throw around and to learn on compared to the full 26"bikes (STOCK). The onza pro are a very well known and used bike on this forum and there should be plenty of people who will help you decide, depending on your bugget that is . Look out for the most two important factors when buying a good trials bike brakes/hubs. Good luck and hope this helps in time for SANTA HO HO HO !!!!

Hi Tracey and welcome to the forum . There are many topics on what bike suits the rider on here so you could use the search fuction to help. One thing i would say though if your son has always riden bmx or 20" wheel size (MOD) stick with this as these bikes are easier to throw around and to learn on compared to the full 26"bikes (STOCK). The onza pro are a very well known and used bike on this forum and there should be plenty of people who will help you decide, depending on your bugget that is . Look out for the most two important factors when buying a good trials bike brakes/hubs. Good luck and hope this helps in time for SANTA HO HO HO !!!!

Thanks will take on this advice, am i right in thinking disc brakes are best?

Thanks will take on this advice, am i right in thinking disc brakes are best?

Better starting a new thread as this is for introductions but I'll let you off!

Not necessarily, from what I've been told the best setup is disc front and rim brake on the rear although if your lads just starting he'll be fine with a set of hydraulic rim brakes front and rear, did me fine for a long time!

Better starting a new thread as this is for introductions but I'll let you off!

Not necessarily, from what I've been told the best setup is disc front and rim brake on the rear although if your lads just starting he'll be fine with a set of hydraulic rim brakes front and rear, did me fine for a long time!

Very very true discs are a lot stronger and can be that brutal it has know to snap frames. i started out with rim brakes on the rear and a disk on the front but after snapping a couple of discs I'm now going back to rim brakes all round (Magura) or (echo) .You cant really go wrong with hydraulic rim brakes on your bike .Easy to set up and i find them easier to bleed too .

Hello everyone,

My names nacho espaganova im from mexico and have been doing trials for 3 years now .

I have come across this website and thought it would be good to get/help out fellow trials riders .

I ride a zoo lynx and i also have a python ( in peices ) i ride mostly street at the moment as my car is broke so i cant travel out to my local rocks.

Nice to meet you ,

Nacho :D .

Hey I'm Nic, I'm new to the forum and I ride an Echo Team.

I started riding trials when I was about 16, but a huge crash in a different discipline put a swift end to that, 9 years on I'm 25 and have been back on a bike for only a few months. Everythings coming back very quickly but I'm pacing myself and still concentrating on the basics. Absolutely loving it!

I live and ride in Aberdeen. I prefer natural, however, the urban jungle is my playground, so I'm making the most of it!

If there's anyone in the area that would like to help a fast learning newbie along the way please give me a buzz, any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks Nic

Hi. Tom de Jongh, 22 years old. Just started riding street / trials on my MTB. I was into weightlifting and martial arts since my 16th but last year I hurt my wrist. Its really bad, havn't got better in a year. Only thing that doesn't hurt is riding my bike. I can't do nothing and just be going to work and watch tv every day so I thought lets buy a new bike and try some tricks. I brought an old giant STP and costumized it a bit. It's at a friends place for fine-tuning now and I hope to start practicing on monday! Also I thought it would be fun to keep a blog. Than within a year or so I can look back at how a noob I was. Think that'll be fun. Oh right urbanstreetbike

I hope I can learn a lot on this forum. And btw I'm from Holland!

Cya'll

Edited by Tomgh

hi everyone im richard (18) and i hav been riding mororbike trials since i was ten and i now ride a beta 250 and i compete in the expert class but i hav also done a few biketrials event but i would now like to get into bike trials more and meet new people and also try buy some spares for my bike on here :P i am currently riding a monty 221 pr mod and i like to ride it at hookwoods and also london doin street trials

and would like to be a full member :rolleyes:

thanks

hi guys im chris i ride a leeson 24" bike and have been riding for about 10 years on and off.. i ride when i can after work or weekends if i get a pass from the wife :)

i spend most of my free time on the bikes either trials downhill or the xc bike. i used to work in a bike shop as a mechanic and since leaving do work for mates buiding wheels and all the things they cant be bothered to do or just cant do lol

anyway thats me

thanks chris