Made A V Brake To Maggy Pad Adapter

planet x alan

post-8855-1206489565_thumb.jpg

post-8855-1206489618_thumb.jpg

post-8855-1206489645_thumb.jpg

Just got some old skate bolts and backings and 4 small screws and literally just screwed it together. The thing works really well, tried it out tonight, only problem is the brake needs to be set up really far out :( trying to think of a way around this. but i'll probably just end up ordering some proper v pads anyways.

What do you think?

Cheers

Loos good. Considered popping the material out the backings, chopping a gap in it then putting the bolt in and rebonding it? Would be alot less flex and could get it set up loads closer!

chop a gap in what?

have considered it will have to get some sort of glue to do that though...

if the pad backings f**ked the pads will wobble all over the place for a start.... and its more satisfaction to think... "i just made that, and it works as good, if not better than the proper ones."

Yeah his works alot better than those shit things anyway lol.

Tryed them? Just look like a standard vee holder to me.. but with magura attachment. Id' rather buy something for 7£ that is respectable than fart about and probably break my back or lose my teeth :<

Tryed them? Just look like a standard vee holder to me.. but with magura attachment. Id' rather buy something for 7£ that is respectable than fart about and probably break my back or lose my teeth :<

ive tried both sets actually yeah and the ones that alan made have less "rock" in them.

since when did working break pads break backs or destroy teeth :S

No need to have a go, hes made some pad adaptors that work well and showed other people how to do it themselves.

Disco brakes have them in stock at the moment too: http://www.discobrakes.com/?s=0&t=2&am...&p=279& - not sure whether they're cheaper than the Tarty price since it gives me everything in Euros - The Disco ones include some rubbish black Magura pads for all the good that does... Free postage on most orders and they always deliver quickly for the three or four orders I've put through :).

chop a gap in what?

have considered it will have to get some sort of glue to do that though...

Take the material out the pad and chop a chunk out of the material for the head of the nut, so it would be like you have now, but with material in the first pad. Might have to put some sort of nut on the otherside thou to stop it spinning.

Take the material out the pad and chop a chunk out of the material for the head of the nut, so it would be like you have now, but with material in the first pad. Might have to put some sort of nut on the otherside thou to stop it spinning.

Ahh yeah, i'll give that a go as soon as i've got some glue.

Cheers