Help With Gu Le Please

gu trials

Hi all

I have just bought a gu le frame and it seems to want to nose dive as soon as the front comes of the floor and it is killing my wrists. If anyone else has had the same problem with the gu le then it must be the frame but if i am the only person to have this problem then any suggestions what could be causing this ? I have got echo tough bars on it and echo lite disk only forks.

please help as soon as you can before it brakes my wrists thanks.

Im guessing it's the difference in frame. With you going from something with very different Geometry, the change may affect your riding alot. The length of the GU may also be affecting you, depending on your height that is, maybe try a shorter reach stem with more rise ?

But from the sound of your front end set up, It doesn't seem as though front end is heavy either hmm.

Could also try tilting your bars back slightly, makes the bike feel 'Shorter'.

I do the same thing on my mates Zoo Python and my other mates echo team and they dont nosedive and i am more used to my gu than thier bikes but its only my gu that wants to nosedive :S.

if its hapening on all the bikes your on, its blatently your technique, not the bike. you need to lean back more or give a little peddlekick as the front end starts to drop. play around learning the basics more ;)

if its hapening on all the bikes your on, its blatently your technique, not the bike. you need to lean back more or give a little peddlekick as the front end starts to drop. play around learning the basics more ;)

True, but he clearly states, in the reply you quoted:

I do the same thing on my mates Zoo Python and my other mates echo team and they dont nosedive and i am more used to my gu than thier bikes but its only my gu that wants to nosedive :S.

:rolleyes:

Just keep practicing, there is nothing wrong with a GU LE. Tip the bars back so the rise bit is vertical, makes everything a lot easier in my experience.

Dooes he mean that his mates don't nosedive when on their own bikes?

Or that he doesn't nosedive on their bikes?

Kind of contradict yourself where you say

"I do the same thing on my mates Zoo Python and my other mates echo team"

and then

"and they dont nosedive"

He uses the same technique on his mates bikes, and his mates bikes don't "nosedive", when he is using said technique.

Pics? Can't help much without them.

im thinking a different stem is needed to be honest...sounds light as fook, i never had any problems when i was running knifen forks ( 1.7kgs ) on my pitbull.....and when i changed to my echo urbans there was some difference...but not a vast amount