Sam Jones

Dates  

59 members have voted

1. 1. When can you make it?

• 31st May
    • 1st June
    • 7th June
    • 8th June

Sunday'll be reet, will be more accesible to alot of the older guys who will be working on the saturday, and as Sam said, he could spend all of saturday setting it up (Y)

As for the trains etc. Every Big London ride has been on a sunday, and loads of people still manage to get there ;)

and if you were to book your tickets this weekend once i have hopefully booked Abingdon United then you can get them for a lot cheaper than if you were to get them on the day.

It's not the price thats concerning me. People still have plenty of time to book this off work, we can not however, change the ways trains run on a Sunday. To be perfectly honest, I don't wanna be stuck all the way down in Abingdon, because my train got cancled.

Was Saturday last year ? Just keep it same, Was well looking forward to coming this, but seems diff this year.

I'll wait till sunday to post again about this ride as i'll be closing the poll then and booking the footy ground for us. it also depends on when the footy ground would be free.

It has been on a saturday for the past few years.

See if we can carry on the tradition.

I'll wait till sunday to post again about this ride as i'll be closing the poll then and booking the footy ground for us. it also depends on when the footy ground would be free.

It has been on a saturday for the past few years.

See if we can carry on the tradition.

Without being rude Sam, why is it at the footy ground every year ? Is it out simplicity/Habit or is it the only place free ?

As i said, not being rude just curious :)

Without being rude Sam, why is it at the footy ground every year ? Is it out simplicity/Habit or is it the only place free ?

-Cheap/free

-Ideal, has both concrete and grass

-Out of the way, so no police bother etc

-Good size

I think it's because Dj's dad had something to do witht he club, so he managed to get permission to use the the venue for the event, and i think they've just continued to do it there evey year.

As for what to ride Sam, All the normal stuff has always been good - skips, pallets, spools. If you can, get plenty for different variations and abilities of rider's. That way everyone can enjoy themselves.

I think it's because Dj's dad had something to do witht he club, so he managed to get permission to use the the venue for the event, and i think they've just continued to do it there evey year.

As for what to ride Sam, All the normal stuff has always been good - skips, pallets, spools. If you can, get plenty for different variations and abilities of rider's. That way everyone can enjoy themselves.

Ahhh, cool, Sam i know budgens in Frilford give pallets away for free if you're stuck on where to get them :) Fire me a PM if you like :)

-Cheap/free

-Ideal, has both concrete and grass

-Out of the way, so no police bother etc

-Good size

What's said above really. Also theirs some shops just over the road so if you want to get any food/drink you can get them for cheap at the shops rather than at the grounds.

Its always been at Abingdon United footy ground as it was were my dad used to do his coaching. (they got rid off him rather than letting him become manager) and because of that weve always had it for free. Hopefully we'd still be getting it for free.

And Adam PM sent.

Location wise i was just talking to sam ward about where we could have it and i thought about having it at Fitzharrys school. As i work their now i might be able to pull some strings with the headteacher and see if we can have it their. It would be good seeing as the memorial garden is their aswell. Also it will publicise (cant spell) the school and Mrs Tranter (god help me) can't resist free publicity. Plus its just down the road from the footy ground and its private property so we cant get done for anything on their i.e noisy brakes etc...