How To Make My Pro 2 Louder?

chris H

In my experience when you take the skewer out you should be able to just pull the cassette off. when you have pulled it off you shouuld find that its full of really thick green grease if you clean all of this out of the palls and the rachet ring (i would think that actually taking the palls out would be a good idea) and replace it with either some thinner grease or even just some bog standard lube it should get louder.

if you want to make it quieter then do the same but put loads of really thick grease in and it should quiet down. but then my hub is a fair bit newer that yours so i dont know if it will work

hope it helped

Edited by Rant1rave

If summink aint' broke dont fix it.....

And why make it louder? Just sounds like youv'e got a pack of bee's chasing you arround, and is it really worth the hasstle of having to unbuild you wheel, pay 150quid and then build it back up just for the sake of it being louder for 6months?

I've ran my Profile dry pretty much since I've had it.

Maybe a slight dab of grease on the springs now and then, but it's been fine.

Don't even think about trying the stretch the springs in ProII's, as you're just ruin them.

Clean it all up, give it some good lubing (not grease) and it should be good.

If summink aint' broke dont fix it.....

And why make it louder? Just sounds like youv'e got a pack of bee's chasing you arround, and is it really worth the hasstle of having to unbuild you wheel, pay 150quid and then build it back up just for the sake of it being louder for 6months?

I have to agree with Simp, we all like a loud clicky freewheel, but a pro2 is loud enough.

mind you, I run a dry Tensile so I can't really talk. :lol: (It's not that loud really).