20 Or 26?

first off i do apologize if this has been a question already asked,what is the better bike 26 or 20 for some reason i think a 20" would be alot lighter to handle and manouver.i could be totally wrong but dependin on what reply's i get there could be a phase 1.2 up for sale!!!! lol please reply as your opinion's will help cheers big ears!!!!!

To answer that you need to say what size bike you have rode in the past.

And realy how tall you are.

If you used to ride say bmx bikes and could do things on them 20 is the way forward

If you rode mtb then 26 is where its at if you see where its going :)

I would say 20" are better for learners, but mods arn't any lighter then stocks and it isn't really easyier to learn to do things on unless your really young and small. Its the good old point of what ever you find easyest to ride. Also please don't forget 24" as i think they offer a good mix of sizes.

To answer that you need to say what size bike you have rode in the past.

And realy how tall you are.

If you used to ride say bmx bikes and could do things on them 20 is the way forward

If you rode mtb then 26 is where its at if you see where its going :)

chers for reply bud i used to ride mtb so i guess that answers me question!!!! im 5'7" by the way

well its your coice to be honest mate, people who ride 26"bikes think that there better than 20" and 20"riders think the same too.

its just a matter of what you like,or what your size is or how you wont a bike to handle.

not if its the "best" its more if its the best bike for you spec,fitting ect.

if you kind of ubderstand me? .

cheers, x

20" Pros : Lighter,Easier to Throw, Lesser Stuff to Break

20" Cons : Harder to roll up on roll off obstacles (smaller wheelbase).

The 20" is great for someone who has been riding 20" their whole lives, its an active bike, easier to throw around.

Great for smaller frame sized rider like me!

26" Pros : Rolling becomes much easier due to the bigger wheelbase, more distance covered

26" Cons : Heavier,A lil more stuff to break,not as flicky and throwable as a 20".

The 26" is great for people riding mtbs all their lives.

Much easier to balance on them.

Its all based on personal preferences, both have its good and bad points.

I prefer the 20" over the 26" due to my small frame short human body.

But i love the feeling of being able to balance extra stable and being able to roll off lotsa obstacles on the 26". Especially since i roll alot.

For a beginner i recommend a 20".

Slightly cheaper, Easier to learn on it, though it may be a little active, you'll get used to it after awhile.

ive always ridden stock and really like it...i cant see myself ever going to a mod...they just seem so small and cramped, i might consider a 24" but thats the smallest id go....id definitely say mods are better for beginners though, or younger ( smaller ) people