Immobilise Property Marking Systems

The Duck

Can't remember how I came across this, but wanted to know if anybody thought it was worth doing.

Not 100% sure exactly what it consists of, sounds like a plug that you shove down your seat tube on your frame, which immediately causes problems for us lot.

In theory its a good idea in my opinion, for those (like myself) who can't really afford bike insurence but still, for want of a better phrase, poo themselves about their bike getting stolen.

Don't know what they mean by solid and split frames though?

Link to their website, section regarding bikes is about half way down the page.

Looks OK. You can't compare it to house insurance though by the looks of it... This just helps identify your bike IF it's recovered. If it isn't recovered... you get nothing back

Where as if you had insurance and they couldn't recover the bike, you obviously can claim.

It's just a data tag, and a sticker to "deter" thieves by the look of it.

I think the solid and split frame part is refering to full-sus frames with an interupted seat tube.

A tracker would be the only real reason to do this, otherwise what the hells wrong with just using a frame number? its a unique code stuck to the frame isnt it? makes no difference if its just stamped or electronic, still proves its yours.

I think the solid and split frame part is refering to full-sus frames with an interupted seat tube.

A tracker would be the only real reason to do this, otherwise what the hells wrong with just using a frame number? its a unique code stuck to the frame isnt it? makes no difference if its just stamped or electronic, still proves its yours.

i think the idea is a serial number can be ground off....whereas this is designed to not be found...

Quite a good idea...although i would personally stamp my initials some where weird on the bike.....like on the inside of one of the two top-tube braces on my pitbull

nah i got it done to my xc bike.

it takes bout 10mins and is really good IMO

You book it at your local police station, go down, then you fill in a sheet of paper, what you bike is were it is kept and colour etc etc. You get like a log book were if you sell your bike you need to change the address of the owner, like a car in a way i suppose!

Then they put a code on your frame, really small and like in this weird paint ! They keep a record of it, and if your bike goes missing look for that little code!

Considering its free, i think its DEFO worth doing :)

Ben

Then they put a code on your frame, really small and like in this weird paint ! They keep a record of it, and if your bike goes missing look for that little code!

We're looking for a 20" wheeled bike with no seat and fat wheels.

Or..

We're looking for bike x3cvb8723-jjk.

:ermm: