./

Sponge

I used to run a 160 Hope Trial on my T-Rex and subsequently on my Adamant A1 and found it perfectly alright. However, if you're planning doing big gaps to front it would probably make sense to get something a little bigger as you'll find the 160 is only just strong enough for those types of moves. But yeah, reading you're post, you should be fine (Y).

ive recently just changed from vee to disk and im using avid bb7 160 and to be honest if you can get it right (was my first time setting up) i found that theres enough power to stop me and endo if i pull hard enough but also it wouldnt lock straight away (great for stoppies) also its alot quieter with a disk than my vee

give it a go mate im going out on lil ride today so i can give you a better review on my behalf if you like btw i weigh about 12.5 stone so not the heaviest or lightest on here

last year when i was at uni my 180mm hope mini wasn't doing too well and being a student couldn't really afford new pads and new bleed all at once so i stole 160mm shimano deore hydraulics off my rockhopper, must say, for a 160mm it works stupidly well.

if its not powerful enough just get new adapters.

steve

Fair enough, did all of you find that 160mm was still good enough to hold all your weight on an endo? and be able to lock into an endo after riding walking pace? If so, that's good enough for me. If it still slips a bit at walking pace (with a full finger grab at the lever) then it's not quite what i'm looking for then.

i've been running 160mm/6" avid mechs ever since my magura louise (im sure its 7") leaked excessively and i decided to change

i've never had any problems, its got plenty for power for almost everything i do, it's got tonnes of grab

im not that heavy, somewhere between 75-80kg, and i dont feel i need an upgrade anytime soon

160mm's work awesome