Sleepless In Uppsala...

Hadn't slept for 2 days so my mind was all messed up, had been working on an essay which was due today. After the essay had been handed in I for some reason I still haven't figured out decided to build myself a new bike...

The result:

normal_minraven1.JPG

normal_minraven2.JPG

So different compared to my old Base TA26... :P

No need to comment on lever positioning, I forgot to tighten the bolts on the stem so the handlebar was all loose when I rode... sketchy.

Raven 8.0 Vertical

Echo Urbans

Halo combats laced onto White Industries rear hub and WTB front. (When I change cranks I'll get som new wheels as well probably...)

Trialtech booster, stem and single speed spacers... and headset spacer, and grips...and grip stops...and QR:s. Can't understand where I got all the bits from?! :P

Heatsink Blueberry brake pads. (For some reason they were the stickiest pads in the shipment consisting of all different Heatsink pads available...)

XTR 975 front brake, which sucks and hopefully will be replaced

Truvativ Stylo cranks which will be replaced. They don't really fit the frame, physically I mean. They don't fit. :P

Mr Control chain tensioner... ugly but the only thing i could get hold of right now.

Edited by Marten@ScandinavianTrials

Haha, oh well, everybody can't like everything... :P

The frame is one of those things you either hate or love I guess.

The Truvativ drivetrain is just there because that's what I had in my box of "good to have"-stuff. It will be replaced, simply because it looks like shit and don't really fit the bike - using cassette spacers right now to make it work... :P It's pretty light though...

The wheels really came of a 6" fullsusser that was used for all kinds of riding and I figured they would do for some trials, so they went on my Base and now I still use them... Hard to kill them f***ers. Same thing, they will be replaced - just going to kill them first...right. Not that heavy, 780 grams a piece. Just requires some extra power to get them moving. No biggie.

Haha, oh well, everybody can't like everything... :P

haha, true.

to be honest, it's growing on me dude... but the drivtrain puts me off, once that's sorted it should look much better.

Fair point with the wheels, but when you get some lighter rims and hubs you will be suprised how much lighter your bike will ride (Y)

Luke