Bear Grylls: Born Survivor

Boswell

is there any websites that are streaming it?

Hope not ;)

Didn't see it but I'll take a stab in the dark, if I may. 'Bear' finds himself in 'one of the most dangerous environments in the world' where 'you could die in less than 12 hours' if you aren't him. He then pretends to trek for hundreds of miles carrying only his little bumbag with about half a litre of water. He urinates on himself/his clothes for some reason before killing and eating some poor little creatures and maybe even makes a bivvy bag from an elephants scrotum. He then finds himself having to swim through a shark infested pool with lasers attached to their friggin' heads (in which he very nearly dies, twice, even though his cameraman, who's with him at all times, appears completely safe)...

Actually, that raises the question of who his cameraman is who never has any problems while 'Bear' is freezing, starving, suffering dehydration, climbing an impossible ravine (often all at once)... I think it may be Fatty Mears.

Actually, that raises the question of who his cameraman is who never has any problems while 'Bear' is freezing, starving, suffering dehydration, climbing an impossible ravine (often all at once)... I think it may be Fatty Mears.

nah not at all, saw ray mears the other week on uktv documentaries, driving his defender through the desert

later on, on discovery channel, bear was on discovery, in an icy wasteland. theres no way rays defender got him there that quick, and ray being ray, would need to stop at a truck stop for lunch.

you can tell from the camera angles that everythings been shot more than once, pre-planned etc but in that particular episode he actually says "this is very dangerous so im going to rope up" not exactly cheating if you say it...

plus the world we live in he couldnt do it without even if he wanted to, the health and safety risks would put the production team at the risk of being sued etc.. Its as close to a tv documentary on survival can get. Hes still better to watch than ray mears, think of it as cast away - the series.