Uni Accomodation

SamHolmes

Just got a pack through the post about Uni student accomodation..

It says that people are not allowed to stay overnight? And that electrical appliances such as amps or other sound equipment is not allowed to be used?

These are thew two things Im most concerned about becasue I was planning on my girlfriend staying round some weekends and also planned on taking my decks with me

Do people actually check or would it be alright?

Just wanted to know from other peoples experience about this..

I go to my girlfriends halls every other weekend, never got checked once. I've spent a whole week down there too and that wasn't a problem. And keep your decks in your cupboard when you're not using them :) Uni's dont have time to check all the stuff all the time.

Just got a pack through the post about Uni student accomodation..

It says that people are not allowed to stay overnight? And that electrical appliances such as amps or other sound equipment is not allowed to be used?

These are thew two things Im most concerned about becasue I was planning on my girlfriend staying round some weekends and also planned on taking my decks with me

Do people actually check or would it be alright?

Just wanted to know from other peoples experience about this..

At the university of hertfordshire I had a denon amp for the whole time that I was in there pwoering my speakers. I also had my girlfriend staying round reguarly. I had the hall monitor guy come and complain about the noise my girlfriend and I were making, but they didn't have an issue with her crashing the night.

Yeah, I think it's more them worried about people permanently living there, I'm sure having them come over some weekends and stuff isn't a problem.

The sound equipment is just most likely to be them worried that you'll be cranking up the music to 130dB every night and pissing everyone off, just keep things quiet and I'm sure they'll be fine.

I'm gonna have fun explaining my guitar half stack when I go up.

They REALLY won't be strict, trust me. All my mates up in Sheff who live all around the place have Amps, road signs, fridges, speaker set-ups, Decks etc in their rooms and they've never once had a problem.

You won't go over your electricity allowance, I've got a fridge here, big spekers and two monitors and Ive never heard any complaints.

I had people staying over on numerous occasions, it's not as if they come round every night and check you're in bed like a school trip. As others have said they only say no amps because they don't want people playing music at 4am waking everyone up, but if you'll be fine as long as you're considerate about when you have them loud. I never had any problems with noise complaints at uni, so it's all good!

Just to add another +1 to you'll be fine. Me and my flat mates have had countless people to stay it's fine, at the end of the day you're paying for the accommodation and within reason, can do what you like with it. You will be fine with an amp, I've got a 30watt Marshall guitar amplifier and it's all good.