Time For A New.........

16 years later

well I can't really see any major issues with it strength wise, but I can't say for certain, Ive never used one. As suggested above a more reputable company is a safer option, but you may find this rim is just as good, maybe better.

The rims certainly seem to hold up to a fair bit of abuse, but I'm not 100% if that weight is correct

If you're not going to be a little disappointed if the weight is a little over 690g, I don't think you'll have anything to moan about with that rim :)

I'll try and get the Aussie Dave insider info, seeing as how he runs one an' all

NEWS JUST IN:

It would be close. Bring your scales around and weight it or I will do it here tomorrow. Been brilliant, takes my bashing well. Thats why I have a spare!

i personally wouldnt, and i would go for something like the trialtech rim (or similar....atomz / try-all etc). HOwever if you are only going for the 24/7 rims cos they are cheap, then you are onto a winner i would say..

bit of a biased opinion there??

The rims certainly seem to hold up to a fair bit of abuse, but I'm not 100% if that weight is correct

If you're not going to be a little disappointed if the weight is a little over 690g, I don't think you'll have anything to moan about with that rim :)

I'll try and get the Aussie Dave insider info, seeing as how he runs one an' all

NEWS JUST IN:

Thanks mate if you could find out if it really is 690g that would be great

and thanks for all you comments

Looking at it Im gunna say its a rebranded onza hog rim. I have the hog and it is EXACTLY like that, same machined sidwalls, same eylets, same rim tape, same colour, same profile.

Guessing its just out of a catalouge in tiwan or wherever.

Mines been good, flatspots pretty easily, but seems strong enough. Acording to tarty, the hog weighs 801g.

Yeah I (I being Dave to try and clear up any confusion) have been ruuning a 24/7 since August and highly recommend it. I bought another (the one I will weigh) as a spare but it will be quite a while before I need it by the looks of things. I'm not the smoothest rider and don't go particularly big but I do give it a workout. I would destroy a Halo Combat (I know its not ideal for trials to to start with) in a much shorter amount of time. The 24/7 has some small dents here and there and i've flatted on a dual ply a couple of times if thats indication. Built my own wheel onto a ProII and its been rock solid, just the odd tweak here and there and it's never been out of round. I ran it with the machined sidewall for ages with good braking power (HS33). I ended up with a grind which is also good and holds really well. Tar also works if thats your thing.

They are very similar to other branded rims i've seen on mates bikes. For the price I don't think you can go wrong. I'd happily keep buying them.

Same nipples, sometimes you'll need slightly longer spokes, but spoke length varies from rim to rim anyway. Eyeletting allows the rim to be thinner around the spoke holes thanks to the eyelet spreading the load from the spoke over a bigger area, so an uneyeletted version will need to have a thicker wall around the spoke holes to match the spoke pullout force of the eyeletted version. Eyeletting is pretty much the standard for XC and DH because it gives better strength to weight, so I find it unusual that trials rims usually don't get eyeletted - it's probably due to trials rim manufacturers not having the machinery more than anything else though...

Edited by psycholist