Advice On New Wheels...

Diz

As the title suggests, i'm after advice on a new wheelset.

Just wanna know what rims and hubs people would recommend, preferably quite light with a reasonable amount of strength...i'm not a heavy hitter (most of the time!?). Also would quite light to start pimping my ride with some gold rims, which is the best brand in your opinion?

As far as hubs go i'm not fussed if they're gold although the more gold the better! The rear end is 135mm and needs to be with freehub (non-fixed).

Any help you guys could give me would be awesome, also if you have any idea on rough prices...

Cheers.

I have gold Echo rims - they've stayed straight since I got the 6 months ago (Tartybikes wheel build) and they take and hold a grind well, with plenty of sidewall to give a few years grinding life too... Photos of the bike they're on here: http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=111205

For a rim a little on the lighter side I would say the Try-All, the Trialtech is also light but doesn't come in gold. As far as hubs you would be hard pressed to find something better than the Chris King hub which has 72 engagement points. You will pay a premium for the CK though. If you wanna save a few bucks maybe the Hope Pro 2 Trials hub. The Hope has 48 points, weighs about 10 grams more than the King at about half the price. They both come in gold.

Edited by NoValidTitle

Tryall if youre not a basher, dob if youre disk only and the weight of a ferret, echo if youre a basher :D

Chris king if youre feeling rich, pro2 trials if youre feeling poor :D

Personally I have tryall on a king and never had a problem with it.