Forcing The Hose Over The Hose Bolt Thingy?

tris

i just broke my crossover on my rear hs33 when doing a tailwhip, its long enough to reuse. i need to try and force the hose back over the bolt thing. how is it done??

i have tryed heating it with boiling water but ive had no luck. its a b*****d to try and force it on.....hows it done guys.

need answers asap, because i need to ride!!! thanks

im sure theres a topic on this but i didnt no what on earth to search for. thanks

The manual states to clamp the hose in a vice, 5-10mm protruding from the blocks that prevent damage to it.

Yuo then take the barb fitting and tap it in gently, then lift the hose another 5-10mm and tap the fitting all the way in.

You need to find something that will firmly hold the hose in a vice, the bleed i have came with it,

I cannot think of anything else that would be suitable, sorry.

I imagine it will be difficult to reconnect without the correct tools.

Good luck

EDIT: That's what you need linked above.

Edited by gzus11

You need a pair of hose clamps to hold the hose in a vice whilst you tap the barb in.

Either buy the clamps for a couple of quid or make some from a block of wood :)

large_blocks.jpg

To make them, drill a hole through the centre of a small block of wood (about 1" x 1" x 2"), the hole wants to be slightly smaller than the diameter of the hose. Cut the block in half so that you cut along the hole you just drilled and you should have a pair of halves that look like the picture :)

Clamp the hose in the vice with about 5-10mm sticking out the top, lube the barb up with a spot of washing up liquid and gently tap it into the end of the tube. If you cut the hose nice and square with a sharp stanley knife it makes it alot easier to get it going in square.

edit: Im just too slow in my old age :(

Edited by forteh

by using a few biro's i managed to get the barbed screw over the first notch. then i bled the brake with water and it seems to be working perfectly. thanks dudes.

i need to get a booster on there or something because i keep landiing on it when i do a tailwhip!!!!!

this is just an idea thatyi have just had so i am not sure if it will work..

when you say hose do you mean braided or not?

if it isnt cudnt you heat it up with a lighter... making it soft and maleable.. and then it would fit over the bolt maybe. Then hen it cools down it will retract and become a tight fit around the bolt.

like i say i have never tried this it was just an idea.. so it may be good if some other oppionions were heard before it is tried.

Hope that helped

if you buy a service kit from magura you get 2 black blocks that you use to clamp the hose in a vice then just tap the barbed fittings in with a hammer. the kit is 20 quid off tarty bikes and it is way cheaper than taking it to your local bike shop as i found out. hope this was helpfull.

neil robinson