Citroen Saxo Westcoast/furio

AdamAllen

mk2 Series 2 Phase 2, whatvever. Yes.

The different trim levels and engine options in the Saxo range changed many times during the model's lifetime, but the names were consistent throughout most of the production run, such as the Saxo First, Saxo Forte, Saxo Scandal, Saxo Eastcoast, Saxo Desire, Saxo Executive, and Saxo Westcoast (Furio in the later MkII variant).

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty much a Citroen version of the 106 Quiksilver. I'd imagine it also lacks the bigger brakes and stiffer suspension of the VTR/VTS. If you ever plan to modify it don't bother. Apparently though some people can resist the modifying bug, if that's the case go for it. It should be pokey enough to be fun and a complete dawdle to fix should anything go wrong.

It's pretty much a Citroen version of the 106 Quiksilver. I'd imagine it also lacks the bigger brakes and stiffer suspension of the VTR/VTS. If you ever plan to modify it don't bother. Apparently though some people can resist the modifying bug, if that's the case go for it. It should be pokey enough to be fun and a complete dawdle to fix should anything go wrong.

yer they kool for 75bhp nipppy little cars

prefere the quicksilver to the furio, a tadge more expensive though

Is that personal experience? I guess not seeing as you're only 16.

I've had a Saxo for around 6 months now and it's not broken down once. Had a few problems yeh but so does every car.

true ! what you got ? as in 1.1 etc

Ive also had a Furio for about 7 months and it's not broken down once.. Got all the little usual Saxo problems though (rattling everything)

yep gets very annoying but its all part of the fun with a french car

Ive also had a Furio for about 7 months and it's not broken down once.. Got all the little usual Saxo problems though (rattling everything)

My 106 was pretty good for not rattling. Although now with stiffer engine mounts and no interior everything rattles!

The whole french cars being rubbish is a bit tiresome, the comments seem to always come from people that have never owned one. I've owned the Rallye for just over a year now and it's been great. Admittedly the head gasket did go recently but it had just done 2500 miles across Europe the week before lol.