Chris King Bmx Hub

Currently I am building up a Mod-Stock, The rear wheel of my Mod is built on a Chris king bmx hub.

I was wondering is it worth me selling the rear wheel as a whole, or geting it built as 26" wheel for the Mod-Stock.

This would ultimately save my buying a new king or alternative Hub, but is it worth the hassle?

Cheers,

Adam.

If you're going mod-stock, just buy a rim and some spokes and re-lace it. Lacing wheels is easy as hell, and certainly a lot cheaper than selling that wheel and buying another one (Y)

Cheers for the advice,

So could I send the hub to Tarty and get it to build it for me, I understand they do a wheelbuild for £15 stating "parts not bought from us". But under 'Please note' It says :

This item is for customers who have not bought all the component parts of a wheel (rim, hub and spokes) from us at the same time as purchasing a wheelbuild.

So can I still send the hub to them and get them to build it. Or have I got the wrong end of stick on this one?

Cheers

Adam.

Cheers for the advice,

So could I send the hub to Tarty and get it to build it for me, I understand they do a wheelbuild for £15 stating "parts not bought from us". But under 'Please note' It says :

This item is for customers who have not bought all the component parts of a wheel (rim, hub and spokes) from us at the same time as purchasing a wheelbuild.

So can I still send the hub to them and get them to build it. Or have I got the wrong end of stick on this one?

Cheers

Adam.

Yeah man, just send them what ever you want them to build that you've already got, anything you haven't got - buy off them at the same time as your ordering the wheel build. Probably a good idea to do it over the phone so that they can give you an idea of when its best to send it to the etc.

Yeah man, just send them what ever you want them to build that you've already got, anything you haven't got - buy off them at the same time as your ordering the wheel build. Probably a good idea to do it over the phone so that they can give you an idea of when its best to send it to the etc.

Cheers for the help man, really appreciated,

Adam.

You could always Build it yourself? That's a guide I did for it - building wheels really isn't that hard (Y) If you just follow that guide, you won't mess it up.

I did consider that, If i did attempt it I would always have it in the back of my mind that thats my handy work rather then that of a professional. For £15 off Tarty its a good build and sence of security goes along with it. Its got to take a good amount of time to build though right? Also wouldn't I need to cut down the specific size for that rim and that hub?

Cheers

Adam.

Cut down what? All you'd need to do would be to de-lace the wheel you've got now (Just undo each nipple, then take the spokes out of the hub), then buy the correct length spokes and whatever rim you want to run. It shouldn't take you any more than an hour to build, at most. The last King wheel I built felt like it took seconds. Wheelbuilders don't charge £10-15 'cos it's hard, it's just a laborious task, having to basically just go through the motions to build the wheel. That's not to say it's piss easy and that there's no difference between a wheel built by a first-timer and a wheel built by Sheldon Brown (RIP), but building wheels is something anyone can do, and something everyone should try at least once (Y)

Cut down what? All you'd need to do would be to de-lace the wheel you've got now (Just undo each nipple, then take the spokes out of the hub), then buy the correct length spokes and whatever rim you want to run. It shouldn't take you any more than an hour to build, at most. The last King wheel I built felt like it took seconds. Wheelbuilders don't charge £10-15 'cos it's hard, it's just a laborious task, having to basically just go through the motions to build the wheel. That's not to say it's piss easy and that there's no difference between a wheel built by a first-timer and a wheel built by Sheldon Brown (RIP), but building wheels is something anyone can do, and something everyone should try at least once (Y)

Sorry cut down the spokes.

I think I might give it a go then, the guide looks pretty detailed, and obviously any other problems I have I can make a post on here, Cheers for the advice :turned:

Adam.

Yeah, that is another option that can save you a decent amount of money.

If it's your first wheel it'll usually take you longer 'cos you'll be looking back at guides or what have you, but once you get the 733T skills dialled then you'll start to fly along. The fastest wheel I've ever built was definitely a 32hole CK to Try-All, that shit was too easy :P

But yeah, it's never too early/late to learn, so just give it a crack. Worst comes to worst, make sure the spokes are all laced in right then just do what /\ that guy did and take it to your LBS and get them to 'true' it for you.