Superlightweight 08 Dob? 7.7 Kg?

Giddy Koxx Boy

tarty adam is using the new monty rim on the front so i would imagine they are lighter than the dob rims, also you can use titiunium axles in the pedels, neon ti bb should be lighter than a echo one? also selotape is good for rim tape and is a lot lighter, try-all freewheel is also ligher ( i think )

that headset also look a bit expensive :o

Edited by jsy trials matt

A front monty rim is not lighter than a Dob. Neon cranks and Ti BB, Ti axels for mag pedals is what you want.

Monty chain saves a lot of weight but I really wouldn't trust it, you might be thinking if it's good enough for the Monty team then I will be alright, but remember they are probably given a new one every comp/practice!

A front monty rim is not lighter than a Dob. Neon cranks and Ti BB, Ti axels for mag pedals is what you want.

Monty chain saves a lot of weight but I really wouldn't trust it, you might be thinking if it's good enough for the Monty team then I will be alright, but remember they are probably given a new one every comp/practice!

i cant find anywhere to buy neon stuff?

Actually - The new Kamel rims are lighter than DOB rims.

Really? I thought there was only one type of Monty rim that they used for all the builds, and that is like 100g's heavier than Dob.

Where can you get these Kamel rims from? Are they magnesium? Must be single walled (f+r) and really thin alluminum to be that light!

Really? I thought there was only one type of Monty rim that they used for all the builds, and that is like 100g's heavier than Dob.

Where can you get these Kamel rims from? Are they magnesium? Must be single walled (f+r) and really thin alluminum to be that light!

If you ask very nicely I'm sure Tarty Adam could give you more info on them/get hold of one for you.

Anyone going to mention the weight durability factor? I won't start buying all these snazzy light parts untill they make them strong enough to deal with trials stress's. Thing is light weight parts cost 2ce as much and break 4 times more often. Sure i could afford to build a dead light bike... But when im riding up solid concrete walls i want it to not break every 2 seconds. Dont comprimse weight on the parts where you need the weight. for me thats (frames, chains, freewheels, brakes) and don't forget an expensive build doesn't mean it will ride well

Anyone going to mention the weight durability factor? I won't start buying all these snazzy light parts untill they make them strong enough to deal with trials stress's. Thing is light weight parts cost 2ce as much and break 4 times more often. Sure i could afford to build a dead light bike... But when im riding up solid concrete walls i want it to not break every 2 seconds. Dont comprimse weight on the parts where you need the weight. for me thats (frames, chains, freewheels, brakes) and don't forget an expensive build doesn't mean it will ride well

It's all to do with riding style, I'm 12 stone, and the only thing I've broken on my bike is the spokes, mind you, my bike isn't that light in 2008...

I also don't understand the whole concept behind, "lighter=weaker", look at all the top UK riders bikes, they are all pretty lightweight specs, like Ali C, Stan Shaw, Waynio, Bessell.

But I do agree with your take on the no compromise areas, and an expensive build definately doesn't mean it will ride well.

I also don't understand the whole concept behind, "lighter=weaker", look at all the top UK riders bikes, they are all pretty lightweight specs, like Ali C, Stan Shaw, Waynio, Bessell.

Yeah but they're all very smooth riders. Even when Ali and Porter were doing the huge dropgap at the DJ ride there was still hardly any noise coming from their bikes, same when Stan, Rowan and Bessell were all riding.

That's why I said it was all to do with riding styles. ;)

I've seen Damon Watson ride, and you can see his forks flex like mad and he rims his front tyre when he gaps to front, he needs a super strong build because he goes so big.